Texas Fishing Forum

Jigum Jigs Guy

Posted By: CoC Angler

Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/25/17 11:11 AM

Hadn't been on in a while and was reading through some recent threads. Is the Fellow that makes Jigum Jigs (Matthew Carrol I believe was his name)still around.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/25/17 11:39 AM

he retired from making jigs i believe. i did here a guy took over his business?
Posted By: Jerry T.

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/25/17 01:14 PM

Originally Posted By: CoC Angler
Hadn't been on in a while and was reading through some recent threads. Is the Fellow that makes Jigum Jigs (Matthew Carrol I believe was his name)still around.

Matthew has retired from jig making and I now offer all of his jig patterns. Feel free to private message me or call if you have any questions (I'll send ya my number now).
Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/25/17 09:06 PM

He's still around.
Health problems caused me to pass the torch, so Jerry Taylor took the torch and it's still burning.
Thanks for asking about me.
Posted By: texsam

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/25/17 09:53 PM

Hey guy I told you a year ago You were making the right decision .Good looking jigs and logo. Sam,
Posted By: CoC Angler

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/25/17 10:05 PM

Glad to see you're still around Mr. Matthew.
Posted By: CPR

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/26/17 01:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Jerry T.
Originally Posted By: CoC Angler

Matthew has retired from jig making and I now offer all of his jig patterns. Feel free to private message me or call if you have any questions (I'll send ya my number now).

Great jigs thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/26/17 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Matthew Carroll
He's still around.
Health problems caused me to pass the torch, so Jerry Taylor took the torch and it's still burning.

Always glad to see a Matthew Carroll post! thumb
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/26/17 10:33 PM

A lot of history there in those jigs and some of the names of the color combos.
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/26/17 10:44 PM

He's still around.

I ordered some of your jigs several years ago, A Christmas special package. They looked so great I never used them. Did the same with Skip_48. Still have all of them.

Made myself some jigs and tied for a few years afterwards. I don't tie, make rods or fish anymore.

But might fish when it warms some.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/27/17 04:34 AM

He's still around.
This man is a good egg. Prayers for your health sir.
Posted By: Jerry T.

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/27/17 01:35 PM

Big Possum - before my father passed, I ordered some jigs from Matthew to give to him. I still have my father's packs of jigs as well as one pack or sample jig from almost every jig Matthew ever tied. I know where you're coming from, sir, those jigs are invaluable.

Fish Killer - agreed. It's quite an honor to carry on the torch and be a part of something that was going on long before I knew how to tie.

Bobcat - he sure is. I couldn't agree more. I often think about where these little jigs are taking me and I stay GRATEFUL that Matthew taught me to tie such a fine jig.

CPR - thank you, my friend. I appreciate the kindness.

Sam - I'm glad you're one of a handful of people that really saw this venture grow. The Ugly Sam still hasn't taken off but things are going better than expected. smile Thank you for your continued support.... really.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Jigum Jigs Guy - 01/28/17 01:43 AM

He's still around.

Hope all is well Mathew
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum