Texas Fishing Forum

Lake fork crappie

Posted By: Clintimus

Lake fork crappie - 01/21/17 02:39 AM

I'm going out to lake fork tomorrow morning with a buddy, any advice on where to put the boat in? We're planning on fishing bridges, any tips would be helpful since I'm new to this lake. I'm also new to the site.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/21/17 03:13 AM

Put in at the 154hwy bridge on east fork, right next to the public ramp,..fish that bridge, and you can go north from there in the boat lane to the 515E bridge,..minnow bucket and oak ridge marinas both provide tackle and drinks/eats just down the 154 hwy...enjoy.. fish

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/21/17 03:38 AM

appreciate the tip!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/22/17 01:11 AM

well,...how'd ya'll do,... noidea
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/22/17 01:59 AM

I am catching many more whites than I did years past. On Fork I use to catch majority blacks. Did not count what I caught today. 15 - 20 all whites. Anyone else catching mores whites than blacks? Blacks seem to be thicker across the back than whites so I prefer the blacks.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/22/17 04:34 PM

welcome
Posted By: crappiehunter

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/22/17 05:37 PM

I have a slip on Fork and the majority of the fish caught on our slip this past year were white crappie but we caught a lot of big whites this year.Still caught black crappie but not nearly as many as whites.Been fishing Fork since the 80's so I definitely noticed the amount of whites caught in the past few years.
Posted By: jasonslabseeker

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/22/17 06:22 PM

welcome
Posted By: crope1

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/23/17 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Clintimus
I'm going out to lake dork tomorrow morning with a buddy, any advice on where to put the boat in? We're planning on fishing bridges, any tips would be helpful since I'm new to this lake. I'm also new to the site.
welcome to the forum! Stay around for a spell....

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/24/17 05:51 PM

We did mediocre at best, caught about 10 total and fished from 9 to 1.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/24/17 07:27 PM

I went out Saturday in the dense fog and got about 20ish in two hours. points in mouth of L caney
32ft

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/25/17 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: OzzieFish
I went out Saturday in the dense fog and got about 20ish in two hours. points in mouth of L caney
32ft

I was afraid to leave the bridge we were at because the fog was so bad
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/26/17 02:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Clintimus
Originally Posted By: OzzieFish
32ft

I was afraid to leave the bridge we were at because the fog was so bad
Saturday was a no go without GPS. I made the mistake of deleting trails from previous trip. Fog rolled in just after we launched.
Posted By: SHFisher

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/31/18 12:48 AM

Clintimus- glad to hear you caught something. I have been skunked so far this year. Mostly fishing deep water points near the dam. I will have to give the bridges a try. I heard the 515 east bridge was a good spot. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Lake fork crappie - 01/31/18 02:02 AM

515 West bridge. Jigum's 1/8oz. grasshopper jigs in tandem. 35' to 40' deep.
Posted By: SHFisher

Re: Lake fork crappie - 02/01/18 04:26 AM

Thanks. Will be out this weekend at some point.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum