Texas Fishing Forum

Best set up

Posted By: Stumpjumper14

Best set up - 11/17/16 05:57 PM

I know there is alot of rods and reels out there, but in yalls opinion, what is the best set up for jigging brush piles?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Best set up - 11/17/16 06:29 PM

You are going to get 100 different answers. Me personally, I love my Sniper Rod and my Shimano Sahara.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Best set up - 11/17/16 06:44 PM

I don't know if there is one, but what I use bigger line, and a rod that is some heavier than my others. As for reels its what ever you like and have a good feel for. I use Pflueger on all of my rods.
Posted By: Finaddict

Re: Best set up - 11/17/16 08:44 PM

7 to nine ft light action fast tip with backbone. 12 lb braid with 6 lb fluorocast leader.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Best set up - 11/17/16 08:48 PM

Depends if you are fishing less than 12' I prefer 10 ' med/lite rod with bait casting reel. If you are flipping or swimming the jig in deeper water 7 ft med lite with small to medium spinning reel. I always use hi vis line
Posted By: Resh

Re: Best set up - 11/17/16 09:49 PM

Do you guys like the longer rods just so you can stay farther away from trees and bridges with your boat? It should be easier to control depth on drops also correct?
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Best set up - 11/17/16 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Reshelman
Do you guys like the longer rods just so you can stay farther away from trees and bridges with your boat? It should be easier to control depth on drops also correct?

The longer rods come in handy when the guy running the trolling motor has the brush pile eight foot in front of the boat duel
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Best set up - 11/18/16 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Hickory Nut
Originally Posted By: Reshelman

The longer rods come in handy when the guy running the trolling motor has the brush pile eight foot in front of the boat duel
roflmao roflmao roflmao Sounds like you been fishing with some of my friends Joe. Todd Front boats Belinda all the time I hear.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum