Texas Fishing Forum

CAT tournament prediction

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

CAT tournament prediction - 10/11/16 03:23 PM

Estimate revised:

10.5# per day will win it all. 21# or less for two days. Teams will catch 100+ fish per day.

Big fish will be 1.9# or less.

Division one winners will be a surprise, Division two not so much.

"Little Man" will win his bracket. cool
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/11/16 03:27 PM

Give me 10#'s a day and I will not even fish. I think your probably prety close
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/11/16 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: ERNEST PATY
Estimate revised:

10.5# per day will win it all.

I take it the lake has changed somewhat since last week? I still think you will see a 'few' 12# limits.....but it might not be duplicated on the second day unless the guys are paying close attention rolleyes
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/11/16 06:03 PM

I think the 12# stringer will come on Saturday and a 10 plus on Friday. Going to be interesting with a front Wednesday, rain Thursday/Friday.

You will be adjusting from day to day.....

Looking forward to fishing 4 days straight....
Posted By: +h20

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/11/16 08:48 PM

Most teams will not get 9# ...a few might get 9-10# and Paul with his usual 12# yawn
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/11/16 09:41 PM

Ahn is right. I have been fishing the lake 4-5 times per week and have not seen a legitimate 2# fish since spring.

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/11/16 11:19 PM

A mess of 1.7 # is possible. I am averaging 1.5 # - 1.6 # fish "on a good day".

I haven't had many good days.....
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/11/16 11:55 PM

Don't know what they weighed but we accidentally caught a 14 &14 1/2 inch crappies Monday. They are still swimming.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/12/16 12:36 AM

I'm just hoping we can get on the water before 830 each day!!! roflmao

Weathers gonna be tricky but it's gonna be tricky for everybody so I'm good with that!! thumb

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/13/16 01:23 AM

Whew.....Today was a beating. The wind finally settled down and I was able to get into somewhat of a rhythm. I landed a few 1.5# fish and had one that may have gone 2# that came off as it surfaced mad

It was 3pm before I got it together....not a good day bang

The wind blew and then the wind blew some more....I heard that the wind forecast for Saturday will be the same. I sure hope I heard wrong.
Posted By: Tgh523

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/13/16 01:32 AM

Yes Saturday shows 15mph-25mph. Me no like. Hopefully we can count on TX weather and change lol. Good luck to all anglers.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/13/16 01:52 AM

I took my first tour of this "new to me lake" the other day, and I probably had a 7-8lb stringer in 4 hours. All I did was cruze and scan spots with obvious potential, and found a half dozen very productive brushpiles and timber. Maybe it was just dumb luck on my part, but without these other posts I would have assumed the "regulars" on this lake would pull 10lbs pretty easy. Beginners luck, or did I just catch "typical" Lewisville crappie (1-1.25lb)?
Posted By: crope1

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/13/16 03:14 AM

good info E.
Posted By: James Rains

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/14/16 10:27 PM

D2 team weighted 11 best D1 9 lbs gonna be interesting tommorow.
Posted By: ATM97

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/15/16 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: James Rains
D2 team weighted 11 best D1 9 lbs gonna be interesting tommorow.

Slewfoot didn't like not winning last weekend so he took it out on those poor Lewisville crappie today.
Posted By: Cigga

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/15/16 02:32 AM

What time does everyone get to the ramp in the morning for the tournament? I'm not fishing the tournament. Just want to know so I can beat the crowd or launch else where. Thanks.

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/15/16 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Cigga
What time does everyone get to the ramp in the morning for the tournament? I'm not fishing the tournament. Just want to know so I can beat the crowd or launch else where. Thanks.

We can drop lines in the water at 7am. It's still dark then. So folks are launching 630 or so. We launched at 650 today. Gotta go to whataburger first! Need my sausage bob!!!

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/15/16 03:01 AM

Darn. That's when I was planning to launch. Will there be a long line to launch? Never went fishing during tournament so don't know what to expect. Should I launch elsewhere? And don't worry, I'm not fishing for crappie. Lol

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/15/16 03:49 AM

I wouldn't launch at little elm. Rest will be fine!!

Re: CAT tournament prediction - 10/15/16 04:33 AM

Thanks. Launching elsewhere. Good luck tomorrow. One of these days I'll tryout these tournaments. Looks fun.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum