Texas Fishing Forum

Any tips on Bridgeport

Posted By: (Downwind Guide Service )

Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/22/16 03:43 AM

I've been fishing out on Bridgeport twice this week. Trying to learn more about the lake. I've caught crappie shooting some socks. Also found a few brush piles that people have next to their dock. Today I spent more time side scanning some shore lines. Didn't really find anything worth stopping for. Was hoping to find some logs or trees. But I haven't been able too yet. Lots of rocks and rock piles. Just looking for some pointers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not looking for honey holes. Just some tips to help me break the lake down. T

Tight lines,
Kevin McCullough
Posted By: (Downwind Guide Service )

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/22/16 06:15 PM

bump
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/22/16 09:25 PM

I've heard the bridge can be good. That is all I know unfortunately.
Posted By: Gunzel

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/23/16 02:33 AM

That's been a tuff lake for me as far as crappie, I think if you weren't born and raised on that lake your at a distinct disadvantage. I'll never give up on'er though.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/23/16 11:51 AM

I would put my own brush out if there is little to be found. Even some of the real small lakes have almost none in them until you put it there.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/23/16 01:25 PM

So, you "caught crappie shooting some socks". What did they do - die from the smell and float to the surface?

peep angel

Just busting your stones Buddy.
Posted By: AggieKenny

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/23/16 06:40 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
So, you "caught crappie shooting some socks". What did they do - die from the smell and float to the surface?

peep angel

Tough crowd! BTW Might try the 380 bridge, if you can get under it.
Posted By: Battson34

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/23/16 07:35 PM

Pretty lake though.
Posted By: Onski26

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/23/16 08:57 PM

Been out there twice now in the yak in the last week or so. Both times on the south side of the 380 bridge. Couple nibbles but no bites. Ran into another kayaker and he had half a dozen on a stringer. Fish hate me
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/26/16 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: AggieKenny
Originally Posted By: BlueNitro

peep angel

Tough crowd! BTW Might try the 380 bridge, if you can get under it.

Kevin is a good friend of mine. And I have caught a whiff of his socks before.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Any tips on Bridgeport - 09/26/16 01:13 PM

My buddy has a lake lot there for sale! Never fished it but he had a deer feeder about 200yds off the dock for years thats under water now if that says anything. He's hoping the lot sells before the water goes back down and his cove becomes a hog wallow again! Why would you wanna fish Bridgeport when you got Lewisville and Ray Bob!! nuts
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum