Texas Fishing Forum

Big Ones, & Little Ones

Posted By: keyboard

Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/15/16 11:09 PM

Had a great time with Dennis (aka Fishin Fool) today as we are winding down the trips for the softball donations. We hit the water at 7:00 in pursuit of the elusive crappy hiding on docks. The docks at Palestine are starting cool off a bit, but Dennis was really just wanting to learn a bit about the lake so off we went.

We fished north end, south end, east side, and west side finding a few still scattered on a dock here and there.

Hit this one dock and Dennis's rod bet over and he says not a crappie, so I grab the net and after it splashed the surface a couple of time finally got it in the boat. Big ole ugly Flat Head.

The very next dock produce the smallest crappie I have ever seen hit a jig I believe.

But all in all it was a good day and we ended up with 14 solid keepers all caught on docks.

Thanks for donating Dennis it was a pleasure having you along today.
Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/15/16 11:40 PM

Wow!
Fishing with Okie Bobs brother.
Don't get any better than that.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/15/16 11:47 PM

thumb
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/15/16 11:50 PM

clap
Posted By: fish n fool

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/15/16 11:54 PM

I heard that Okie Bobs brother was scared he was going to melt during the fish cleaning session.

Thanks Larry for a great day, was a pleasure meeting you, hope we get to do it again sometime. Best of Luck to the softball team. Keep us informed of their progress.
Posted By: pepop

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/16/16 12:47 AM

Nice catch Larry! I saw you guys BLAZIN across the lake from The Villages this morning! I sent Gerald Trahan home with 17 for HIM to clean! Ours came off concrete! Good Job Buddy!
Posted By: Fishin" A Jig

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/16/16 12:53 AM

WTG ... I know that you had fun today with Keyboard and hope you learned a lot as well. banana That Mr. Whisker doesn't look as "BIG" as the green pickle Keyboard caught with me roflmao
Posted By: Laner

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/16/16 03:24 PM

Dennis is real good people and a lot of fun to fish with. Glad you two had a great day on the water!
Posted By: fish n fool

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/16/16 07:09 PM

Thanks Laner for the kind words.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/16/16 08:15 PM

That Flathead is right up there with fried crappie.

Ya'll let it go didn't you?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/16/16 10:54 PM

Nice haul. thumb
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/19/16 01:00 PM

Hey Teasip, I pick up my teepee and move back to Okie Land and you start giving me a hard time! What's up with that???? And, to think, I used to believe you and your brother FishnFool were ok! But, I did hear he moved to Palestine to get away from you, Jiggum!
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Big Ones, & Little Ones - 06/20/16 12:51 AM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum