Texas Fishing Forum

Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images

Posted By: Carver

Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/29/15 05:13 PM

I have lived and work in a 3d world for a very long time and looking at side scans came quite naturally to me, but conveying what you are actually seeing has been a challenge to my friends and clients. When I tell someone to "look for the shadows",or "follow the shadows back toward the boat", they often look a bit puzzled.

This image does a really great job of it with a subject everyone can relate to. Read the text, this image was taken directly above the camels. You are just seeing the shadows of the camels in black.

Hope it helps a bit, Phill Pittman

Posted By: Tommar

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/29/15 05:23 PM

Very nice.
Posted By: Cooltex

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/29/15 05:24 PM

Thanks for the perspective, I just got my self set up with side image this pic helps shorten my learning curve. Thanks again!
Posted By: ARKMAY

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/29/15 05:27 PM

Great find. That is really cool
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/29/15 09:52 PM

GREAT pic .I really don't think I would have ever made out the camels without the explation.Darrell
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/29/15 10:05 PM

Very interesting
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/29/15 10:11 PM

That helps. Thanks for the post.
Posted By: 1 Oar

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/30/15 12:10 AM

What lake was that?
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/30/15 12:45 AM

This is awesome! I was always curious how it broke down. Great information!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/30/15 12:36 PM

Excellent perspective Phill.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/30/15 12:49 PM

When I fish for camels I never see a school that big!
Great picture and does explain side image concept reall well.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/30/15 07:36 PM

Originally Posted By: 1 Oar
What lake was that?

roflmao
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/30/15 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: dwmoore
GREAT pic .I really don't think I would have ever made out the camels without the explation.Darrell

Without the explanation, I don't think you would've known the shadows were camels! thumb
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/30/15 08:08 PM

Nice pic and explanation...dont stop there, keep the info coming banana
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 04/30/15 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76
Originally Posted By: dwmoore

Without the explanation, I don't think you would've known the shadows were camels! thumb
Dang are we that much alike??? Ha really makes ya look at things twice.Darrell
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/01/15 03:19 AM

Cool. thumb
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/01/15 12:00 PM

I'm thinking it's Lake Mirage???
Posted By: ARKLATEX

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/02/15 10:34 AM

What did they bite on and do they pull hard?
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/02/15 10:55 AM

They bite Camel Jockeys! roflmao
New bait prototype Belinda!!!
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/02/15 12:51 PM

Nice image and example.
Posted By: cva34

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/02/15 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: 1 Oar
What lake was that?

Lake Mirage I think lol
Posted By: Forkfish

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/02/15 02:02 PM

Great comparison!
Posted By: duckkillah

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/13/15 03:09 PM

I was checking out some sloughs off the Trinity River down around Trinity, TX on Google Maps and noticed this image:

This is similar to how the camels appear, right? Are these buzzards?
Posted By: Fred Bear

Re: Great example to help understand what you are looking for in side images - 05/18/15 12:05 PM

This is a really great perspective. Thanks for sharing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum