Texas Fishing Forum

will they spawn in grass

Posted By: 30ft jon boat

will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 02:55 AM

i know of a spot that is 1-3 ft deep and is covered in grass/stickups,it's great for ducks but will they(them there crappie)spawn in it
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 02:57 AM

Yes...yes...and YES!!!
And, did I say YES?? Go get 'em!!
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 03:09 AM

Depends a little on the makeup of the bottom in that area, but with grass growing the odds are good. Only ONE way to find out! smile
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 03:21 AM

I would check it out every time I passed...
Posted By: 30ft jon boat

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 03:42 AM

thanks for the info..the only way to get there is mud boat or to drive thru private property.. luckily i'm on the private property
Posted By: Esnow74

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 03:45 AM

I know that I would gladly check it on a regular basis for you and let you know.
fish roflmao
Posted By: Carver

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 04:00 AM

They will actually lay their eggs on the healthy vertical stalks. Not the dead sticks. They will lay on stones or concrete also.

The muddier the water the shallower they will go. Light penetration will affect where they lay in terms of depth. The thicker the cover around their choice spot the better.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 06:43 AM

Yep.
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Carver
They will actually lay their eggs on the healthy vertical stalks. Not the dead sticks. They will lay on stones or concrete also.

The muddier the water the shallower they will go. Light penetration will affect where they lay in terms of depth. The thicker the cover around their choice spot the better.

wisdom and knowledge just rose its head yawl thumb
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: will they spawn in grass - 03/03/15 01:48 PM

Originally Posted By: 30ft jon boat
thanks for the info..the only way to get there is mud boat or to drive thru private property.. luckily i'm on the private property

So you think they will spawn in the slew where the pig trap is? I'll grab a rod.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum