Texas Fishing Forum

Fishermen are good folks.

Posted By: LSUANDY

Fishermen are good folks. - 02/22/15 05:09 PM

I remember once when i was a boy fishing with my dad on the bank. A man and his son came bye in a boat and were talking with us very friendly and personable. My Dad said that day, If he fishes son, he's most likely a good guy. I never forgot this and have seen this over and over again.

The other day I was fishing Benbrook with my boat and opened the gate and left my key in the lock. About 10 minutes later Sam and his B-I_L brought my key back.

That wouldve been a long cold night in the park sleeping in my truck; no food or water plus the 20 bucks for another key. They even helped me put my boat in the lake.

Thanks again Sam and friend.
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: Fishermen are good folks. - 02/22/15 05:17 PM

I've found that most people are good folks.

It just that the bad eggs are so active since the punishments for acting bad is so light it makes it seem like the entire world is bad.
Posted By: john525

Re: Fishermen are good folks. - 02/22/15 07:20 PM

It is a rare exception when I meet someone fishing, that I would not want to spend a few hours with in fellowship and dropping a line. We all have a common interest and usually a lot of the same values in life. Most of the anglers I know are conservationists too.

Ezegoing, your right. It makes my blood boil when I see how some guys treat the environment like it's their own personal dumpgrounds. That's probably the reason you find good bank fishing spots that now, won't let you bank fish anymore.

Overall though, I think Dad was right. Fishermen are good folks.
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: Fishermen are good folks. - 02/22/15 07:52 PM

John, I understand what you are saying.

But it has been fishermen, fishermen in boats, who have been cutting my mooring lines over the last year at my slip and who have torn holes in two different boat covers, all so they can retrieve the cheap lures they hung up while trying to fish my slip.

So fishermen have their share of bad eggs too, and unfortunately, one or more of them likes to fish the slips at Joe Pool Marina. frown

Your dad was partially right, most fishermen are good folks. It's the bad ones who have been cutting my mooring ropes that makes my blood boil. roflmao
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Fishermen are good folks. - 02/22/15 08:42 PM

Yep, agree.
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Fishermen are good folks. - 02/23/15 04:41 PM

Kids who get into fishing generally stay out of real trouble. Can't fish when you're in jail, so better not do anything that takes away ability to fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum