Texas Fishing Forum

telescopic rod question

Posted By: chaseh2003

telescopic rod question - 02/22/15 06:23 AM

I recently got a telescopic crappie rod. I'm wondering, should I tie the line to the butt and run it down the rod and through the eye? Or just tie it to the eye. I tried tying to the butt but the line sags before going through the eye. Also doing it this way when I go to set the hook the rod bows like crazy since there are no guides, its just connected at either end. I'm thinking tying to the eye itself might work better, like an sold fashion cane pole.
Posted By: plateboater

Re: telescopic rod question - 02/22/15 01:13 PM

This style in the link you tie direct to tip. There is other styles where line goes thru the center. I have both. I use thin wire spools from Lowes if you have style that needs threaded down the center. I have drifted more to the style in the link. I fish backwaters of the Mississippi river and cannot beat them for the price and really stretching out with the 20ft stick!

http://www.shakespeare-fishing.com/Shakespeare%C2%AE-Wonderpole%C2%AE-Rod/1285734,default,pd.html
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: telescopic rod question - 02/23/15 01:15 PM

when i use them i tie right to the eyelet
20 pound mono about 24 inches long
the tricky part is landing them
and putting you shoulder socket back in place after a big fish strikes the set up roflmao
Posted By: Bissett

Re: telescopic rod question - 02/23/15 05:32 PM

I can't think of a more fun way to catch fish than on a 12' rod with about 18" of line out. Just dip it next to the brush and BOOM
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum