Texas Fishing Forum

Go figure....

Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Go figure.... - 02/21/15 03:08 PM

Geared my mind up for the past few weeks getting ready to make the drive and fish the CAT tourney on Twok. High wind forecast, rain forecast, low lake levels, a bad reputation for this lake in these conditions, and advice from other CAT & TFFers convinced me to stay home.
I get up this morning, and it's clear with no rain, decent temps, and the wind has steadily dropped to around 10-12 and switching to of the west. Seems to be very fishable weather for the guys fishing it. I wish them luck, but dang! About my luck..... hammer hammer hammer
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Go figure.... - 02/21/15 03:34 PM

aint that the way it goes bang
I hear the wind dying out as I type ....
go figure hammer
Posted By: pepop

Re: Go figure.... - 02/21/15 03:41 PM

You don't suppose the idea was to reduce the competition do you? noidea I went through the same "but-kickin", concerning fishin Palestine, until the rain started about 30 minutes ago & the wind here has actually increased for the last hour till we're getting those 25-30 mph gusts now. It's wierd though, in between gusts it's kinda still.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Go figure.... - 02/21/15 05:27 PM

Wetherman can't forecast anymore worth a flip. Some say weather modification others say they are just inept. Regardless, you never know what you are going to get. Have to check the wind and weather the day you are going. Helps to be retired so you can go when the weather is good.

Spring ain't far out. Things are going to get better.
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Go figure.... - 02/21/15 05:46 PM

Slab, you took sound advice!

Trust me, that lake is dangerous for any season fisherman.
Posted By: bull squat

Re: Go figure.... - 02/21/15 06:12 PM

Same thing for me Eric. Decided I was not going to fight that wind and those conditions on a Lake that I really don't know. Calm as it can be at the house right now.

Paul
Posted By: fishin_farmer

Re: Go figure.... - 02/21/15 07:30 PM

Just left the tourney. Wind was horrible everyone in weigh in line by 11:00 am except for a few. But the wind did sink one of our members boats. So you did the right thing sir!!! Had no business being out there to be honest. Luckily everyone made it off the water safe.
Posted By: Bud B

Re: Go figure.... - 02/22/15 08:23 PM

The forecast was actually pretty close, a south wind early, then the north wind coming in with the front. It arrived here at Cedar Creek about 9:30. I had a leisurely breakfast, then checked to see how bad the north wind was before launching and fishing a few hours.

If you check the hour by hour forecast on any of the online weather sites, you can tell approximately when a front will hit, and make plans accordingly.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum