Texas Fishing Forum

Getting ready....here we come.

Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 01:27 AM

Been in the lab (doing some tying) on my days off getting ready to bring my sons east for a little crappie fishing in a couple of weeks....I hope we find these impaled in the lips of some slabs!! We will be fishing docks and any bank that looks good. I hope to see some of y'all out there. Good fishing everyone.

Chris
Posted By: dcar

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 01:32 AM

nice looking jigs! Good luck to y'all fish
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 01:36 AM

Sexy!
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 02:08 AM

I like them chartreuse with the Blue tail. Why don't you let me field test those for you over at Lake Fork and give you a report?
Posted By: Scott in Flower Mound

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
I like them chartreuse with the Blue tail. Why don't you let me field test those for you over at Lake Fork and give you a report?

+1
Posted By: SK.

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 02:16 AM

Good lookn color combos....
Thanks for sharing...
Posted By: brush pile 1023

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 02:40 AM

Good looking!
Posted By: pepop

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 03:04 AM

Those look like they should get bit Chris.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 03:28 AM

cool.

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 03:41 AM

Thank you everyone!!
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 12:22 PM

looks like you been busy there sir
and I agree with pk ...them chart body bluetail teal look mighty good thumb
Posted By: Slabrador Retriever

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 01:09 PM

I'm liking that red white and blue one. I could see it being called the "Tom Brady" (of course that's if you are a Patriots fan. It should lure those patriotic crappie right on it to the boat...um hmmm
Posted By: james_in_bonham

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 01:42 PM

If I was a crappie... I'd eat that!
Posted By: Laner

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 02:36 PM

Are you going to bring a few of those with you this spring, Chris?

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 03:15 PM

Slabrador...I like that! And of course if you aren't a Patriots fan you could call them crappie deflaters...LOL

Lane, you know I will bring the entire war chest this spring! I don't know how to do it any other way...AND, I might need a few more of those "frogs" when I get there. We are getting close brother!!

Thanks again for the kind words everyone...I will have plenty of jigs when I head east and I am always willing to share. I hope to see some of my fellow TFFers on the water.
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 04:30 PM

You read my mind. I am setting up an RV at Fork this weekend and that color has been a go to for me there. I have noticed that if I tip it with a minnow, I usually catch bigger fish. Luck or bigger presentation? whatever it is, it gives me more confidence in the bait and that means a lot.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/19/15 06:55 PM

Hey Chris!! That lake I met you at is about to start producing those big spawners but they will be in a different area of the lake.shoot me a pm and I`ll tell you exactly where and what you will need to harvest them when you come back east! OBTW those are some deadly looking jigs. Nice lab work Professor thumb

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/20/15 06:06 AM

Thanks Horace!!! PM sent brother!
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Getting ready....here we come. - 02/20/15 02:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Hickory Nut

You read my mind. I am setting up an RV at Fork this weekend and that color has been a go to for me there. I have noticed that if I tip it with a minnow, I usually catch bigger fish. Luck or bigger presentation? whatever it is, it gives me more confidence in the bait and that means a lot.

that right there seems to pretty popular on the eastern front for sure cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum