Texas Fishing Forum

Where to find bamboo ?

Posted By: Happykamper

Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 01:11 AM

Where would a guy find some bamboo between DFW and Lake Texoma ? Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Happykamper
Where would a guy find some bamboo between DFW and Lake Texoma ? Thanks for any help.
Google up 926 Garza Ave. Dallas Tx.75216 It has a bamboo plot right next to the Church and the Pastor says you can have all you are willing to cut.

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 02:19 AM

awesome, thank you, what is the preferred way to cut down, machete ? Also about how tall does this stuff get, thanks.

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 02:47 AM

awesome, thank you, what is the preferred way to cut down, machete ? Also about how tall does this stuff get, thanks.
I would take something a little more than a Machete.We are talking about some serious BAMBOO.Hope you have a truck.

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 03:01 AM

Oh I have a truck and a trailer, do I need a 16 or 20 foot trailer ? Do I need a chainsaw or will a hand saw work, thanks.
Posted By: brush pile 1023

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 03:13 AM

I use lopers
Posted By: bowfin

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 03:23 AM

take a chainsaw,you will be thankful.

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 07:41 AM

Oh I have a truck and a trailer, do I need a 16 or 20 foot trailer ? Do I need a chainsaw or will a hand saw work, thanks.
Chain Saw
Posted By: marschall

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 12:48 PM

Found all mine on local Craigs List for free.
Posted By: texsam

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 01:08 PM

What Fishbonz said,
stevens park \ kessler park is full of it. I ask one lady if she wanted her boo thinned out and she ask what do I charge. I have been back several times and knock and ay thank's first. I use lopper's and allways clean up.
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 01:41 PM

I use pruners myself
but the monster boo would require much more of an edge
most folks consider it a problem plant and will let you have some if you ask thumb

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 02:09 PM

If you were going to suspend it off of a deep water dock how close together would you hang them, the slip is 40 feet long, sorry for all the rookie questions but I have never baited a dock before, thanks.
Posted By: cva34

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 02:47 PM

Bit of advise Please cutooff Square Cut at a angle its a Tire wrecker esp on atv if someone fall it can be bloody .esp after it dries...I lost several tires learning that
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/13/15 05:45 PM

I use lopers and a reciprocating saw for the big stuff.

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/14/15 02:06 PM

Ok I think I figured out how I want to make my bamboo attractors, I am going to take 4 24 inch long pieces of 2 " pvc and concrete them into a 5 gallon bucket at a slight angle, drill a hole through each one near the top, put a bamboo in each one, drill through the bamboo and run a wire through the hole to fasten, I will have also placed something in the concrete to tie to for suspending from dock, I figure by doing it this way I can just pull them up every so often and replace the bamboo, what do you think ?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/14/15 05:26 PM

I don't think you're going to want to pull up bamboo that's been soaking in the lake. If you want to replace, I'd just cut the line and let sink to the bottom and replace.

Gman

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/15/15 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
I don't think you're going to want to pull up bamboo that's been soaking in the lake. If you want to replace, I'd just cut the line and let sink to the bottom and replace.

Gman

Yea it may be a chore to pull it up but I still may give it a try, wonder how long the bamboo will be good for ?
Posted By: setexfisher

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/15/15 01:47 AM

I use a battery operated recip saw with a pruning blade to cut it. I also cut it short to the ground. I think the people who allow me to cut their cane appreciate being able to mow over the stumps.
I put it in 5 gal buckets full of cement. About 35# of cement will sink even the large 1-1/2" bamboo. For smaller Boo I use large cinder blocks with the boo cemented in them.

Re: Where to find bamboo ? - 02/16/15 01:35 AM

Went and cut 40 bamboo stalks, got the buckets ready, going to sink them tomorrow, hopefully will be catching crappie in a week.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum