Texas Fishing Forum

Headed to Lake Whitney

Posted By: Peter L.

Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/11/15 01:49 AM

Never been on the it before. Going to try for some crappie. Anyone been out there lately to catch any and are their any hazards to look out for on the lake?

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/11/15 01:19 PM

60+ views and no comments....I know exactly what that means.
Posted By: texsam

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/11/15 01:29 PM

Peter I looked and did notreply .I have not fished whitney in 20 years so I have no current knoweledge.Ancient
history would do you no good but I was wondering washappenig on the old lake . good luck.
Posted By: ZackP

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/11/15 01:55 PM

Havent been in a couple of weeks but didn't get a bite last time we were out there. Lake is 10' low so there are hazards.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/11/15 04:56 PM

Hopefully your Whitney Crappie excursion goes better than my Possum Kingdom ones. Jigs or Minnows, the result is the same, a ice chest full of white bass.
Posted By: gindiddy

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/11/15 05:45 PM

Grandson and myself fished little rocky creek and up in harbor master marina only caught bass. the water is still cold on that end of the lake. The lady on the gate at hamms creek park said they were catching a few crappie up the river but it is so low you can't launch a boat off a trailer just jon boats and canoes.
Posted By: Harleyrockstar

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/11/15 06:38 PM

Fished the Brazos river north of the lake heavily for 3 days this summer. Six of us in 2 boats. We were expecting ice chests full of fish but only managed 4 catfish on our jug lines at night. Was a huge skunkfest. Never made it down to the main lake so can't speak for that. Heard the fishing is better in the spring than summer so you may have good results?

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/11/15 07:47 PM

Thanks for all the info guys
Posted By: marschall

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/13/15 12:55 PM

Peter try the marina @ Juniper Cove. They are catching some now. Kinda a hit or a miss kind of deal. When they come in it is good, then they leave for a while. It is still a bit early and the water temp is still to cold.

Re: Headed to Lake Whitney - 02/13/15 02:26 PM

Thank you very much Marschall cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum