Texas Fishing Forum

CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15

Posted By: Ken Gaby

CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 01/30/15 09:03 PM

CAT EXTRAVAGANZA – SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2015 – NOON TO ??

Our favorite meeting of the year is our CAT Extravaganza, and this year’s meeting will be bigger and better than ever! This year’s big event will be held on Sunday, February 15th from noon until we are done at TEXAS MOTORCARS in Addison. The address is 16000 Midway.

Once again, special thanks are in order to Brian Spagnola and TEXAS MOTORCARS for hosting this fun event for us!! George Nelon and SOUTHERN DELIGHT RESTAURANT will be serving lunch, which will consist of our favorite fish – FRIED CRAPPIE!! Meal tickets will be $10 per person, which will go into CAT’s general fund.

The format of the Extravaganza will be a little different this year. Our guest speaker will be Slade Dougharty from Lake Fork Electronics. Slade is one of the foremost experts in the country on how to set up and read your marine electronics. We’ve had many requests for this type of a seminar and are really looking forward to Slade’s presentation. Slade will bring his boat—equipped with a huge flat screen television no less—to bring his presentation to life. You won’t want to miss this seminar.

Slade has also been very generous and donated a 3 hour training seminar that will be given away. We will have many terrific prizes!!!

And finally, we haven’t forgotten about our favorite anglers—our junior anglers!! We will have fun games for the kids—and a few games for the older kid in all of us! There will be a dock shooting contest, you'll be trying to knock over some cans, minnow races and a “crappie magnet tree”. If you believe you're good at catching crappie out of a brush pile, then the crappie magnet tree is your game. You don’t want to miss this year’s CAT Extravaganza!!!

Final note – don’t forget your chairs! Also, if it is cool outside it will be cool inside, so dress appropriately.
Posted By: Brian Spagnola

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 01/30/15 09:30 PM

Can't wait to see it!
Posted By: DaveB

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 01/30/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Brian Spagnola
Can't wait to see it!

Looking forward to seeing you again Brian. Been awhile brother.
Posted By: koobycrappie

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 01/31/15 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: DaveB
Can't wait to see it!

Looking forward to seeing you again Brian. Been awhile brother.

+1
Posted By: CrappieHappy

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 01/31/15 05:08 AM

Ken,
Is this open to member's only?

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 01/31/15 01:47 PM

Heath, this party is open to everyone. If you've never attended a CAT function, this is a good one to start. An informative presentation by Slade Dougharty, aka Forkfish, some good crappie to eat, and some games to play. And of course, there will be plenty of stories about crappie fishing.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 01/31/15 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Heath, this party is open to everyone. If you've never attended a CAT function, this is a good one to start. An informative presentation by Slade Dougharty, aka Forkfish, some good crappie to eat, and some games to play. And of course, there will be plenty of stories about crappie fishing.

Always a great time to be had....
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 01/31/15 10:19 PM

We'll be there banana
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/02/15 03:04 PM

If it's like previous ones - DON'T forget to bring your own folding chairs!
Posted By: serj5150

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/02/15 03:04 PM

Going to try and make it to this one!

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/02/15 06:45 PM

CENTEX crew of crapyetr, SaltyDawg88, Koobycrappie and I will be there. Looking forward to it.
Posted By: JayDon

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/02/15 07:33 PM

Glad to hear you guys will be making the trip! See ya there!

Jay Don
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/02/15 09:30 PM

Called barn door Blake and we are coming since the centex group didn't invite us .Darrell
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/02/15 11:08 PM

Darrell.....I was going to call you and ask if you wanted to come with us. My truck is full, but I have a wagon that I can pull behind my truck. Does your mouth fit a 1 7/8" or 2" ball??? You'll also have to use your hands for brakes and for signaling turns!!!
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/02/15 11:22 PM

I'll be there..
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®
Darrell.....I was going to call you and ask if you wanted to come with us. My truck is full, but I have a wagon that I can pull behind my truck. Does your mouth fit a 1 7/8" or 2" ball??? You'll also have to use your hands for brakes and for signaling turns!!!
Pintle Hitch.

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 02:47 AM

Yea we know what your truck will be full of.Darrell
Posted By: koobycrappie

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By: dwmoore
Called barn door Blake and we are coming since the centex group didn't invite us .Darrell

Dang Darrell,if you wanted to make the trip with us, you should have made a trip down here to fish with me on Friday and then you could have gone with us on Sunday.

Guess that would not have worked though since V-DAY is Saturday..

See ya there buddy! thumb

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 10:27 AM

Yea we know what your truck will be full of.Darrell

Well as long as I'm in there!!!!

This will be a great presentation Darrell. Slade was in Mesquite last weekend and he has a big screen for his boat. I couldn't get away for very long, so it will be a pleasure to see the presentation in it's entirety! George has got it going on when it comes to cooking also!!! It will be a great time....just bring a chair!!!
Posted By: monster crappie

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 02:31 PM

I'm on my way to Oklahoma this weekend to check out Okie bomb (bob) and his crappie Festival there have to take some cakes. I will try to fit this in my schedule on the way back. I see that some of my cake clients are going to be in attendance I may make a delivery to you all there. CK

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 03:52 PM

Originally Posted By: koobycrappie

Dang Darrell,if you wanted to make the trip with us, you should have made a trip down here to fish with me on Friday and then you could have gone with us on Sunday.

Guess that would not have worked though since V-DAY is Saturday..

See ya there buddy! thumb

I still have the same phone # as always Kevin and I am free to fish on Friday the 13th. Just sayin'. See you there DW.
Posted By: bull squat

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 05:30 PM

See y'all there.

Paul
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 08:37 PM

Originally Posted By: bull squat
See y'all there.

Paul

Let's car pool. Meet at my house.

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 10:28 PM

Lookin forward to seein everyone and Slades demo.Im workin hard to get Blake to lay down the bass rods and get back to real fishin no trolling or menners you know one rod in hand and one jig.ha Darrell

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/03/15 11:50 PM

Lookin forward to seein everyone and Slades demo.Im workin hard to get Blake to lay down the bass rods and get back to real fishin no trolling or menners you know one rod in hand and one jig.ha Darrell

I think there are "help" groups out there that can offer counseling for that!!!!
Posted By: bull squat

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/04/15 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
Originally Posted By: bull squat
See y'all there.

Paul

Let's car pool. Meet at my house.

Sounds like a plan. Daryl will be coming too.

Paul

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/04/15 01:03 PM

What type of electronics will be used for the demo?

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/04/15 02:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Gonzz
What type of electronics will be used for the demo?

Humminbird ONIX10ci SI Combo - Side Imaging TM Transducer
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/05/15 03:43 AM

Does the crappie group ever have any meeting for the folks that sell lures , I would love to be able to see some of the lures that I have seem on these pages up close and able to buy them there.

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/05/15 02:03 PM

Yup, sponsors bring samples sometimes and do presentations at meetings. There are various opportunities to get your hands on baits and learn how others are presenting them for those that attend the meetings. The extravaganza will be epic!

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/08/15 04:14 PM

....no give aways here........but you just may see an EPIC crappie!!!!!!!!

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/10/15 07:03 PM

This Sunday is the big event. Bring chairs to have a good seat for Slade's presentation.

Once the junior anglers complete the minnow racing, all the "big kids" can join in for more races after you pay the small entry fee. Then you race till you lose. Winner gets a good prize. You'll get a chance to knock over a few cans with the crappie shootin rods and fish the crappie magnet tree. Most fun you can have while not in a boat.

And we're eating crappie with plenty of sides. Don't get so full you can't shoot the dock. roflmao
Posted By: UJC

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/10/15 07:19 PM

Good news... wife postpone this week's activity to April so I can now attend. It will be another great one. I wasn't pleased with the scheduling that would have led to me missing my first Extravaganza; so it's all good now. Let me know if I can help with anything.

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/10/15 07:51 PM

What sponsors will be there? I remember 2 years ago Pro Angler tackle and lake fork tackle was selling some products. Do you have a list of sponsors who will be attending this year?

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/10/15 09:14 PM

Not positive who will be there but Ed Phillips with ProAngler Tackle, and Lane Palmer with Constant Pursuit Outfitters plan to be there. Ronnie and Ann Parker with Lake Fork Trophy Lures are also gona try to make it. Not sure if Lane and Ronnie plan to have product for sale. Ed will have a full display.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/11/15 12:16 AM

Can't wait to see it!

You got whiskey bro?

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/11/15 12:58 AM

I got a feeling the attendance to this event will be huge.

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/11/15 01:55 AM

It is usually the largest gathering for the club....

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/11/15 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

It is usually the largest gathering for the club....

We have plenty of space to accommodate a crowd!
Posted By: Laner

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/11/15 06:18 PM

I'm excited to talk fishing this Sunday. With the weather continuing to warm, I know everyone is starting to get itchy. I won't have any products for sale, but there are several packages of custom jigs that I'll be giving away. I'm looking forward to seeing some people I haven't seen in awhile. Ya'll come up there!
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/12/15 04:46 AM

Let me get this straight DW...
You giving centex bunch hard time about no invite, but I'm 5 minutes from your house and I didn't get an invite?! Hmmmm....
That's ok though. I gotta be in Addison anyway, so I'll be there with my chair and a flask. smile
Posted By: TexExp

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/12/15 08:48 AM

Bump

I you crappie fish and live in the area, you ought to go to this. cool
Free seminar? Fried crappie? 50+ other like minded crappie addicts?
What's not to like... cheers

This Sunday!!
Dress warm, bring a chair.

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/12/15 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: SLABXPRESS
Let me get this straight DW...
You giving centex bunch hard time about no invite, but I'm 5 minutes from your house and I didn't get an invite?! Hmmmm....
That's ok though. I gotta be in Addison anyway, so I'll be there with my chair and a flask. smile

bang
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/12/15 08:30 PM

I'll have the Onix 8 that's going on the bow of my boat at the Extravaganza. Unfortunately, the Onix 10 that will go on the console won't ship until the 27th. Anyway, you'll be able to see the Onix 8 up close and personal at the Shut-Up-And-Fish table thumb

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/13/15 09:40 PM

Just got finished packing the trailer with all of the good stuff for the Extravaganza!! First things first - fishing tomorrow. Then talking fishing on Sunday! Looking forward to it!!

Jay Don
Posted By: James Rains

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/13/15 10:12 PM

Just don't be following me around the lake allday tomorrow Jay Don I have no idea were they are I swear!
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/14/15 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By: JayDon
Just got finished packing the trailer with all of the good stuff for the Extravaganza!! First things first - fishing tomorrow. Then talking fishing on Sunday! Looking forward to it!!

Jay Don

Dub and I don't have the opportunity to fish tomorrow so we're going Sunday morning. Brian, sorry I'll miss the show. T. Dub and I will provide some play by play from the lake.. Have a good time guys. I gotta break in this new lower unit when I have the chance to do so!

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/14/15 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76
Originally Posted By: JayDon

Jay Don

Dub and I don't have the opportunity to fish tomorrow so we're going Sunday morning. Brian, sorry I'll miss the show. T. Dub and I will provide some play by play from the lake.. Have a good time guys. I gotta break in this new lower unit when I have the chance to do so!

I hate you

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/15/15 02:13 PM

OUCH!!!! I'm sure someone will eat your share of fish!!!!!

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/15/15 02:31 PM

Yesterday quick trip to twok. See y'all in a little while.

Posted By: TR176

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/15/15 10:46 PM

The CAT Extravaganza was a good time. Slade (fork fish) put on an excellent electronics seminar. The crappie lunch was fantastic, and to top it off I won a Proangler 10' rod in the raffle. Thanks to Brian Spagnola, the CAT guys, and the sponsors.
Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/15/15 11:31 PM

Great job CAT!
I enjoyed the seminar and eats also..
Best of all was seeing a few old friends..
Jigum

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/15/15 11:33 PM

Yep that lunch was awesome. Thank you George Nelon and Southern Delight.

Thank you Brian Spagnola, TEXAS MOTORCARS, for hosting this event....Always nice to hang out here and see the awesome deals you have.

Thank you SLADE DOUGHARTY from Lake Fork Electronics. Excellent seminar...Spot on. It has been a pleasure working with you and always good to see you my friend.

Thank you Board Members for a great event. Looking forward to next year.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/16/15 02:32 PM

What a GREAT meeting!
Slade, aka Forkfish, put on a great electronics presentation thumb
Worth the trip for SURE

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/16/15 03:08 PM

Definitely cool beans!!!! Sorry I missed some folks!!!! Todd, did see you over yonder, but didn't get to chat!!! Matt, pleasure as always!!! Did get to visit with a few folks!!!! I never even seen Jay Don eat.....the guy is always running around!!!! Takes lots of work!!!

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/16/15 03:38 PM

What a great turnout we had!! Saw a lot of people we haven't seen in a while!! Thanks to all that made this possible. George Nelon and Southern Delight and all of his helpers fried up a huge batch of delicious crappie and sides - thanks George, Margie, RJ, Paul, Larry and Bennie (hope I didn't leave anyone out!)!! Special thanks to Brian Spagnola for letting us use his awesome facilities again!! And Slade, what a presentation!! Thank you so much for sharing your electronics knowledge with us - we all learned something that we should be doing differently to help us use our units better!! Thanks to all the board members for their help and of course all of our sponsors - we would be the club we are without them!! Enjoyed seeing all of the junior anglers in attendance as well!!

Jay Don
Posted By: CrappieTX

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/16/15 03:39 PM

My first CAT experience, Good Times and GREAT folks!

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/16/15 04:49 PM

Thanks everyone that helped make this a great extravaganza. Also a big thanks to everyone that came. What a great turn out! Good times.

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/16/15 05:21 PM

Been a CAT member since it started and made my 1st Extravaganza. Had a great time and enjoyed seeing a lot of folks I haven't seen in years. Good job ALL. See you on the trail. Bonus with my raffle win as well.
Posted By: TexExp

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/16/15 07:17 PM

That was the best presentation I've ever seen. Very informative... and not just about electronics!
Slade brought his Legend and talked all about the setup. He also had two big screen TVs hooked to his electronics to demonstrate what he was talking about.
CAT members will be able to see a video of Slade's presentation soon.

Good to meet a few of you out there and put faces with names.

Looking forward to Spring!!

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/16/15 09:18 PM

Thanks to Brian Spagnola for supporting CAT with the meeting facility and donating 8 ProAngler rods for give away. Awesome
thumb
Great presentation and as always there were lots of crappie stories and techniques shared among friends.
Guess we'll start stacking up more crappie fillets next winter for another fish fry. UUMMMMMMM. Fish, fries, hush puppies, slaw and peach cobbler.
banana woot
And if you're looking for anything from a BIG TRUCK to get there fast, I saw it on Brian's lot; some really nice rides.

Re: CAT Extravaganza at Texas Motor Cars Feb 15 - 02/20/15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Thanks to Brian Spagnola for supporting CAT with the meeting facility and donating 8 ProAngler rods for give away. Awesome
thumb
Great presentation and as always there were lots of crappie stories and techniques shared among friends.
Guess we'll start stacking up more crappie fillets next winter for another fish fry. UUMMMMMMM. Fish, fries, hush puppies, slaw and peach cobbler.
banana woot
And if you're looking for anything from a BIG TRUCK to get there fast, I saw it on Brian's lot; some really nice rides.

Thanks Ken for the kind words! Glad y'all had a good time. Sorry I didn't stick around longer. I get to spend about 70 hours a week at the shop so come Sunday it's time for me and the kids to go have some fun.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum