Posted By: Ketchn

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/29/14 01:46 PM

best give it a few days ....it aint quite right yet from what I hear
Posted By: joser

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/29/14 11:11 PM

still not right but getting better
Posted By: rainman64

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/29/14 11:47 PM

I will be heading over there on Wed. or Thurs. morning myself, which ever day it is raining and sleeting(hint-hint). Hope to see others there braving the cold for some crappie catching. Need to test out some new lures also.
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/30/14 12:41 AM

I recall the best day I ever had at La Mancha, had to slide down the walkway on my butt because it had about an inch of ice on it. Could have easily gone in the lake - the things we do to feel that thump...
Posted By: SlabHappy

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/30/14 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: rainman64
I will be heading over there on Wed. or Thurs. morning myself, which ever day it is raining and sleeting(hint-hint). Hope to see others there braving the cold for some crappie catching. Need to test out some new lures also.

I was thinking of heading that way on the first.
Posted By: MyWifeHatesFishing

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/30/14 04:39 AM

Stopping by on my way to work tomorrow afternoon

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/30/14 02:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SlabHappy
Originally Posted By: rainman64

I was thinking of heading that way on the first.

the first ? first of what ? roflmao

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/30/14 02:29 PM

Originally Posted By: PlanoPaul
I recall the best day I ever had at La Mancha, had to slide down the walkway on my butt because it had about an inch of ice on it. Could have easily gone in the lake - the things we do to feel that thump...

the ironman ketchn fest of early 2014 was exactly like that sir thumb
KABOOM it was for sure lizard
Posted By: map1177

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 03:13 AM

Is this by any chance out at leon? Ive never fished leon. If so i would love to hear how the bite has been over there.
Posted By: Bittercreek

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 03:51 AM

Bitter cold tonite. Any you good folks fishing. Watch your driving.
Posted By: SlabHappy

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: map1177
Is this by any chance out at leon? Ive never fished leon. If so i would love to hear how the bite has been over there.

Yes, it is out at Lake Leon. I have never been there, either, but thinking of heading out there in the am tomorrow.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 02:32 PM

Yes it's at lake leon, the bite was decent a week ago. I was thinking of going over the long weekend if weather permits

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 04:50 PM

I'll brave the cold but not the ice, mother nature might win this round, but once it clears I'm there. be safe everyone, and may the crappie gods bless you with full baskets, by the way , give us a report,

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 08:48 PM

It's supposed to snow tomorrow, I may try for Friday or Saturday.... I'm not trying to be stuck in wreck traffic on i20

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 08:49 PM

Anybody know how far the ice is east of Abilene?

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 09:48 PM

Got stuck on the freeway last night for almost 2 hours because of an accident close to clyde, didn't want to mess with it this morning so I called in and stayed home. just hate sitting home because of weather so I'm going through my jigs recycling bad jigs and repainting heads for when it clears up, it's going to be a long 2 days, making me cabin crazy

Re: La-Mancha??? - 12/31/14 09:53 PM

Baird hill is probably terrible right now, thats where all the mess is going to be on I20, hmmm if I cut down 604 and hit 36 towards Cross Plains maybe detour around the hill and then come back up,no no thats just crazy talk, darn it, I need a fix, back to playing with the jigs, hehe

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/01/15 12:16 AM

Hahaha I know how you feel. But 20 accident traffic is the worst, I'll wait till the ice unfreezes
Posted By: rainman64

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/02/15 01:40 AM

I went this morning and it was not worth the drive over, crappie bite was very slow. I only got 4 keepers. Did see a few good sized ones caught this morning but I should have stayed home.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/02/15 01:52 AM

The colder, the better crappie fishing, in doors. grin
Posted By: Grease Bath

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/02/15 01:57 AM

Thought about going decided to edit film instead. I'm sure I will be down that way next week
fish
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/02/15 01:59 AM

Originally Posted By: moonriver
Originally Posted By: moonriver
Right....

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/02/15 02:08 AM

Traveling; from San Angelo, to Big Spring; today. Very "if'y> Made it.
Word is it's getting worse tomorrow. From Big Spring back East, along I-20.
Posted By: Papa John

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/02/15 10:08 PM

According to these weather guys, Sunday and Monday may be good. It's going to be cold but just bundle up!! fish Fish On!!
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/eastland-tx/76448/fishing-daily-forecast/335785
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/08/15 05:39 AM

Any recent reports?

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/08/15 05:24 PM

I went Monday morning and only caught 3, 1 keeper. Couple other guys were doing about the same. i hope they start turning on soon.

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/08/15 05:27 PM

Just left, slow and cold, save your gas money

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/08/15 05:55 PM

Ohh wow. Thanks for saving me from taking a 2hr drive!

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/08/15 06:15 PM

Fish were caught but it's not worth driving 2 hours

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/08/15 08:56 PM

hahaha I never mist so many bites in my life brother grease bath
froze like a pop sickle I was .....
maybe next tiem
thanks for the hand ties brother thumb

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/09/15 06:10 AM

Going in the morning, i got the layers ready!

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/09/15 06:53 PM

Good-Luck.
Lets hear from you.

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/09/15 07:29 PM

Well it was cold, again lol. I didn't do too good. A couple of other guys were catching a few fish. It got pretty windy towards 10 o clock and I roll

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/10/15 12:38 AM

Slow or not I'm gonna have to try it out for myself in the morning.
Posted By: BCFTD210

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/10/15 02:47 AM

Catching
Posted By: fridays86

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/13/15 08:27 PM

Can't wait for the annual trip this year. Have a good group heading down this weekend.
Posted By: Part-Timer

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/14/15 08:59 PM

Friday can't get here fast enough!!!
Posted By: brazman

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/17/15 04:03 AM

Reports from the last few warming-up days?
Posted By: Roy Reeves

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/19/15 01:10 PM

I think i may be heading up there Friday morning. Just curious if the warm weather missed them up or not. Weve We've been catching a few since the warm up here in Brownwood. Could use a few pointers though. Plastic or feather and color,before i head up there.

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/19/15 11:55 PM

Fished sunday from 3:30 Am -1:30 pm, no pattern, no magic color, just keep fishin, people fishin minnows, just watched them swim, most fish were caught on jigs, seen them caught at all depths, no big numbers, occasional good one most were throw backs,more caught close to the bottom,chartruse varitions did best for me, but still is very slow, is still disappointing, but I'd rather be fishing than watching TV

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/20/15 05:42 AM

Here that joser.... We launched out of chock o block. We went by La Mancha an didn't see anyone catching when we went by and there were a few guys fishing. I do have a question? Can you launch a boat at La Mancha boat ramp? I see the ramp but with the water this low is it usable
Posted By: Jim Tricia Baker

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/20/15 02:17 PM

Ramp report La-Mancha is no good, has broken a few trailers... another option in the low water ramp near the dam.

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/20/15 03:55 PM

Jim, thanks for the heads up. I think I've seen a few people launching over by the damn. I just hate using my trolling motor to get through all those stumps. Eats into valuable fishing time. I see some guy using their big motor going through there, whoooo not me.
Posted By: Part-Timer

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/20/15 05:39 PM

Enjoyed it fridays86!!! Fishing was slow, but the group company was good. Hey joser, it was good to meet you. Catch you next time.

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/21/15 12:11 AM

Part of the fun to me is meeting good people and hearing the fish stories, hog stories and just good ole outdoor fun, looks like yall were having a good time, even if it wasn't serious lip stretchin time, but between all of you, I could see you had enough to break out the cleaning station and get to work, hope everyone had a safe drive home, I'm sure our paths will come together again in the future, until then, crappie on!

Re: La-Mancha??? - 01/21/15 03:16 AM

Will be down there. This Friday. Black Nissan Pickup. Parked. Any you good Folks-
Need a hot cup of Coffe. Your more than Welcome.
Brewd fresh off the tailgate,Coleman Stove.
Posted By: encKe

Re: La-Mancha??? - 02/19/15 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Bittercreek
Will be down there. This Friday. Black Nissan Pickup. Parked. Any you good Folks-
Need a hot cup of Coffe. Your more than Welcome.
Brewd fresh off the tailgate,Coleman Stove.

Still taking the toys with u i see grill
Posted By: moonriver

Re: La-Mancha??? - 02/20/15 02:47 AM

Another cold front is approaching. Get your shields ready.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum