Texas Fishing Forum

Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics

Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/09/14 03:33 AM

If any of you guys are looking for sonar, side scan, and/or downscan units you might check out the bargain cave at cabelas in allen. Found some stuff for up to 50-75% off, mostly discontinued stuff or display models. They had a few different types of sonar and stuff, I can't remember exactly what though.
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/09/14 06:58 PM

Problem with their bargain cave is you can't return items if they have problems. They usually only offer 25% so 50%-75% if you can be sure the unit works.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/09/14 07:08 PM

Always open the box before leaving the store on products in the "bargain cave" as it very well could be a returned item that is not even the item you think you are getting.

There are good deals to be had in the cave don't get me wrong. Just beware and understand what ez said above as well.

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/09/14 07:18 PM

There is a 30 day return policy on optics and electronics sold in the bargain cave is what they told me, anyway, my dad and I picked up an elite 5x dsi unit for $183 all that was wrong was that it was missing a $30 mounting bracket.
Posted By: jig master

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/09/14 07:30 PM

Man that's a good deal right there ..
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/09/14 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher
There is a 30 day return policy on optics and electronics sold in the bargain cave is what they told me, anyway, my dad and I picked up an elite 5x dsi unit for $183 all that was wrong was that it was missing a $30 mounting bracket.

I hope you received that 30 day return policy in writing. Other wise you will need to depend on the manufacturer for any warranty and I'm not sure that is available on used equipment, which is what a returned or store display is.

When I looked at fish finders last August it clearly stated on the price tag that the items were sold "as-is". I asked one of the floor assistants if that meant it could not be returned if it did not work or was missing pieces. He told me that it meant the sale was final when I made the purchase and I could not return it.

I also found I could buy the item online for less than their "discounted' bargain cave price, which was 25% off their normal price. On the items I checked, their prices were 10%-25% higher than the manufacturer suggested price for the item.

You will probably be fortunate and not have a problem with your unit.
Posted By: crappiegetter

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/09/14 11:08 PM

I just look on line in the Bargin barn still good prices smile then go to the store and buy what I want for the same price smile

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/09/14 11:11 PM

To clarify, it is stated directly on my receipt "buy as is except for optics/electronics 30 days"
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/10/14 01:43 AM

I bought a mojo dove there on sale once. Put it out the first time. Turned it on and walked back to my stool to turn around and see it in flames!! I will never buy anything with moving parts from the bargain cave again!!!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Bargain cave cabelas allen electronics - 07/10/14 11:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
I bought a mojo dove there on sale once. Put it out the first time. Turned it on and walked back to my stool to turn around and see it in flames!! I will never buy anything with moving parts from the bargain cave again!!!
rolfmao I chuckled out loud. I would like to have had that on video. I would have not been happy if it was me but I can imagine a friend of mine that would have been so pissed off and the rest of us would have been rolling.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum