Texas Fishing Forum

Purtis Creek Crappie?

Posted By: marktx

Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/11/14 11:13 PM

Anyone been fishing for them lately? Going camping there sunday-monday and was wondering if they are biting at night off the docks still? A lot of trees in the lake but wont have a boat with me there. Just wondering if i would be wasting my time and just fish for catfish at night. Thanks for any info good or bad
Posted By: horton5303

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/11/14 11:24 PM

Without a boat you could take a floating light and some minnows or jigs and probably get bit. I have never been there so im just guessing. Not sure how deep it is under the dock either. But i do know it has lots of Crappie in it.
Posted By: MR. JIG

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/13/14 04:57 PM

Hello Marktx I am going in the morning to see if I can catch a few!!! I will be taken my sea eagle one man pontoon and will be fishing the trees!! will post pictures if I catch some!!

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/13/14 05:02 PM

Thanks My family is leaving today for there but i cant go till tomorrow night cause of work. Hopefully catch some crappie and catfish while we are out there
Posted By: piranhaconda

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/13/14 06:32 PM

try liver off the docks late night if you want cats. we were in spring so pattern may be different but caught two really nice channels back to back off the dock.
Posted By: piscatur non solum piscator

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/14/14 02:03 AM

Last year I was there in the summer they were still catching them from the docks by the boat ramp but in the evening and at night. Horton was right about the floating light. But I fished the timber, I caught more than a few from the boat going from tree to tree. Wish I was going camping at Purtis Creek!

Good luck!

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/14/14 05:36 AM

Appreciate the info no boat so just bank fishing and with the heat mainly at night lol. Head out there saturday around 7pm so be able to fish two nights before coming home ill let you know how we do
Posted By: lookingfor25

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/15/14 01:30 AM

The dock on the camping side is pretty deep it has two drops one mid way out and
one just off the end. There is a store in Malakoff that sells crickets, the brim should
be in full swing. The are fun as well!
Posted By: lookingfor25

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/15/14 01:32 AM

Also a float and jig will produce just out side the light rings.
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/15/14 12:01 PM

cast minners at night under floats
out off that dock far as ya can cast
them crappie hunt in them flats by them docks at night thumb
at least that's the word .....
good luck on em ...

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/15/14 05:33 PM

Caught one last night and two bass on jig wind was blowing to hard and the wayer is deep try again tonight

Re: Purtis Creek Crappie? - 06/17/14 07:06 PM

Caught a lot of bass and that was about it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum