Texas Fishing Forum

BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!!

Posted By: tboxfish

BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/01/14 11:33 PM

I haven't been able to visit here much lately as I've been about as busy I my body will let me be. Some of y'all know how I hate wake boats and threatened to move to Bob Sandlin last year.
Well, earlier this year I talked to several people that are full time RV'ers about parks on Fork and was seriously giving it some thought. I lived out of an RV for approx. 8-9 months a year for the 15 years that I was an insurance adjuster and really enjoyed it. A long time friend, Floyd Fowler, that I hadn't seen in a couple of months came over a couple of months ago and informed me that he and his brother, Arlon had purchased some land and were in the beginning stages of developing an RV park on Lake Fork. After some lengthy discussions and a very quick "Let's do it" from Mrs. Tboxfish, plans were made to downsize, sell all the [censored] that we had accumulated over the last 35yrs that we don't need and move to Fork banana
Josh (Bonehead) found me a great deal on a slightly used 34' Cedar Creek RV with 3 slideouts thumb

It has a tarp underpinning set-up that goes completely around the entire trailer for storage of my fish fryers and such.

Belinda has a storage building that was set-up onsite yesterday that she will make her and sell her baits out of thumb

We will on the west leg of fork just around a point from the 515 west bridge and Belinda's shop will be right on Hwy 515

My eldest daughter will graduate on May 20th from the RN program and the last day of school for her kids is on the 30th. She plans to move to College Station that weekend, as she already has a house leased and we will pull out right behind her bannana2
If they weren't still here, we would already be moved, but that's OK, as we still have a lot of stuff to get rid of.
If anybody is planning to come to Fork this summer, stop by & say "Hi".
We are going to be the Park Hosts and I can't wait to get there woot
Winnie Meat and I took the boat over there Tuesday to have a look around and caught fish in our cove even with the severe winds that were blowing.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/01/14 11:41 PM

Congrats Todd and Belinda! I hope you enjoy it!
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/01/14 11:42 PM

Glad you are getting to do what you want to do. In a year you will be the resident guru on Fork. smile
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/01/14 11:45 PM

Nice!! We're not far away from you in Pelican Point! Hung up my cougar paws this year hopefully after 15 years. It was a good run but not near as good as it used to be!!! Your still gonna have epic wakes on Fork but they will be from the ditch pickle chasers!!!! Enjoy the new setup!!!
Posted By: G3bassbarge

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/01/14 11:58 PM

Welcome bud!!
Posted By: jig master

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 12:17 AM

Congrats !! Go get em !! Living the Dream !!

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 12:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Nice!! We're not far away from you in Pelican Point! Hung up my cougar paws this year hopefully after 15 years. It was a good run but not near as good as it used to be!!! Your still gonna have epic wakes on Fork but they will be from the ditch pickle chasers!!!! Enjoy the new setup!!!

Ha, Got a buddy coming this weekend that is buying my pool table. 1 armed bandit, 2 pairs of cougar paws, harness and climbing rope. No more roofs for me!
And the ditch pickle chasers don't have nothing on the wake boats! At least on Fork you can get away from the boat lanes and still fish. Here on Cypress when the crappie move out to their summer haunts, you have to follow them right out into the pleasure boaters playground bang
Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 12:53 AM

Keep it up, the next move would be Cedar Creek...
I'll come see you after you get settled in, let the fishing begin..
Congrats to both of you!!!!! thumb
Jigum
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: jig master
Congrats !! Go get em !! Living the Dream !!

Yes Sir! fish
Posted By: crope1

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 01:32 AM

happy for you!

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 11:52 AM

Yes Sir, we are ready to move clap
No yard to have to get mowed, no property taxes, no house to upkeep, etc.
I told Belinda a long time ago the only place that I would ever move to is Fork and it's about to happen cheers
Posted By: fishinman

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 11:56 AM

Congrats on the move!!! Some big ol slabs in Fork!!!

Good fishin'
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 12:27 PM

very kewl sir
congrats and
KABOOM thumb
Posted By: lookingfor25

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/02/14 12:36 PM

thumb
Posted By: koobycrappie

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/04/14 04:38 PM

You lucky dog you!
Wish I was that close to a lake, but can't afford it right now.
Congrats!
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/04/14 08:09 PM

Congrats Todd and Belinda! Save a hook up for me, I'll be by next spring.

We're sitting here looking at the Great Smoky Mountains as I type.

Red
Posted By: horton5303

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/05/14 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish
Yes Sir, we are ready to move clap
No yard to have to get mowed, no property taxes, no house to upkeep, etc.
I told Belinda a long time ago the only place that I would ever move to is Fork and it's about to happen cheers

Good Choice!
Posted By: kevlp

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/05/14 01:57 AM

Congrats. Our best friends live outside of Emory about 5 minutes from your place.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/05/14 04:23 AM

when you get set up let me know...or if you need help...you got my number...

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/05/14 11:31 AM

Thanks everybody, seems like it's taking forever, but as I set here and look at the calendar, it's only 27 days away banana
I took the young man, Conner over Saturday that has been cleaning and waxing my RV. He did a lot of work on Belinda's building. Winnie Meat is coming today and we will gather more materials today, and he is going to finish the wiring, insulate and start hanging walls and ceiling. After that, work tables will be the only big item left to do clap
Being a carpenter myself and not being physically able to work is very frustrating to say the least, but I'm thankful I have friends to help out flehan

As I said before, if anybody is in the area, please stop by and we'll wet a line or at least, discuss the possibility rolfmao
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/05/14 01:29 PM

Time to construct some huge piles. Congrats.
Posted By: Sandwich Maker

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/05/14 02:22 PM

Looks like a really nice place, Todd. Congratulations!
Posted By: stubby77

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/05/14 08:19 PM

Well it about time you got here buddy congrats in going to Arkansas Tuesday and be back the 23 of this month see us then if u need any thing hollar .
Posted By: Reno

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/06/14 12:45 AM

I will stop by for sure and check those lures out.
Posted By: John Holland

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/06/14 02:06 AM

tbox,,, is your place at cypress on the water? And is going up for sale?
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/06/14 04:32 AM

Congrats!!! That's what I would call the good life!

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/07/14 04:08 PM

Originally Posted By: John Holland
tbox,,, is your place at cypress on the water? And is going up for sale?

Yes it is thumb
Sending PM
Posted By: Bud B

Re: BUSTING A MOVE!!!!!!! - 05/08/14 10:34 PM

Way to go, Todd! Looks like a great setup! I know who to talk to for Fork advice now.

BTW, thanks for the samples.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum