Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie pics

Posted By: Bassman420

Crappie pics - 04/02/14 02:41 PM

Don't know if I did it right but here are the pictures of the the fish I caught
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:03 PM

Lots people are going to cry over your picture. They are going to "attack" you. You better start to run, and very fast!
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:05 PM

Nice haul...
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:11 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: pepop

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:11 PM

Originally Posted By: moonriver
Lots people are going to cry over your picture. They are going to "attack" you. You better start to run, and very fast!

No attack's here but I hope that's a 2-day or 2-man bag. police

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:15 PM

Wait until bass fish men seeing the picture. lol

Originally Posted By: pepop

No attack's here but I hope that's a 2-day or 2-man bag. police

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:17 PM

Nope one man catch about every fish I caught was right at the bank, I got to see just about every hit. It was an awesome day of fishing. I'm going back today after work I'll post pics if I do any good. No one fishes this place so typically I have the place to myself and friends.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:18 PM

I'm sure he started fishing before midnight.
Posted By: DU SOUTH5

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:22 PM

So he is BLATANTLY admitting he broke the law?
Posted By: Champion_Tracey

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:25 PM

The crappie on the right side is huge!

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:27 PM

Fished from from about 10am to 5 or 6. It's a golf course with literally a mini lake on it,the lake is isolated from the course so really nobody bothers you. Bass fishing is awesome also catch several 5lbs plus out there. Took my buddies kiddo out there he is 5 he caught 3 and to see him and talk to him you would have thought he caught a limit of 2 pounders.

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:29 PM

Can't break the law didn't catch them on a public lake, but if I did break the law well guess it wouldn't be the firsts time I did that there
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:30 PM

Not all these are crappie and you really can't tell the size of the fish from the pictures. So there might be some jumping to conclusions here.

Of course it would have been nice had he told the general area where he had such luck. Not the actual location but the general area, such as creek off Joe Pool, etc. smile

Added: He posted general area while I was posting so that answered that question. smile
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:37 PM

Bassman420 - the limit for Crappie is 25 per day and all fish must be over 10". Don't know if you could get fined for a private lake or not but sounds like it is not yours so I bet the GW could write a ticket or two. Not trying to rain on your parade, just giving you some info to keep you from getting in trouble.
Posted By: DU SOUTH5

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:38 PM

You're right. Good stringer of fish.

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:40 PM

That fish went 16 1/4 inches Champion. I'm just glad I'm fortunate enough to be able to fish this spot. Hope I didn't upset anyone by taking more than 25. If it makes it any better all fish were filleted and given to neighbors. All fish were caught on crappie thunder(white and black tuxedo). My bubbly went out yesterday and caught about 20 on white 1/8 oz rooster tail slow rolled.

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:44 PM

So I was wrong about jumping to conclusions. Sorry.
Posted By: Texas Brave Ranger13

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:48 PM

great stack-o-crappie and others!!
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:48 PM

nice ketch sir ...
looks like ya put the KABOOM on em ...
good job there thumb

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:49 PM

Well definitely I will pay more attention to my numbers of fish fines are not worth it. Hope I didn't upset anyone by taking more than my limit. If it makes it any better all fish were filleted and given to neighbors, the fish on the right went 16 1/4 inches there's bigger one in there I just never have weighed or measured any until now. All fish were caught on 1/16 road runners with a white and a black tuxedo crappie thunder. My buddy went out yesterday and caught about 20 on white rooster tails.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Bassman420
Went out last weekend caught 23 measured one it went 16 1/4 inches,also caught about a 4lb bass all fish came off of crappie thunder in about 2-4 fow, my buddy went back out yesterday and caught 20 on a rooster tail.

So how did 23 from your other post (quoted above) turn out to be 27 crappie and two bass? Something is starting to smell fishy.

If it isn't illegal because it is a private pond or if you just made a honest mistake, than I am cool with it. If not, than I expect fellow fishermen to follow the same rules I do.

Not trying to attack anyone or be a trouble maker. Just hope he learns something and follows the rules like everyone else is expected to.

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 04:06 PM

To be honest my count was off, but I will take all the criticism y'all will throw at me I'll just make sure to keep a better count next time.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
Went out last weekend caught 23 measured one it went 16 1/4 inches,also caught about a 4lb bass all fish came off of crappie thunder in about 2-4 fow, my buddy went back out yesterday and caught 20 on a rooster tail.

So how did 23 from your other post (quoted above) turn out to be 27 crappie and two bass? Something is starting to smell fishy.

If it isn't illegal because it is a private pond or if you just made a honest mistake, than I am cool with it. If not, than I expect fellow fishermen to follow the same rules I do.

Not trying to attack anyone or be a trouble maker. Just hope he learns something and follows the rules like everyone else is expected to.

Private lakes are different than public waters in the eyes of the law...if you have any doubts, contact your local GW...you can even tell him where you intend to fish private water and "Make Sure" in advance, if you so desire...I am not sure how a Municipal Golf course lake would work out...probably be considered public water.
Posted By: PKfishin

I love them LM bass pics - 04/02/14 04:50 PM

Catch and release is just a first step to NO FISHING ALLOWED.

They will fry up quite nicely.

if you get any hate PM's, just know many of us have gotten them before.

Re: I love them LM bass pics - 04/02/14 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: PKfishin
Catch and release is just a first step to NO FISHING ALLOWED.

They will fry up quite nicely.

if you get any hate PM's, just know many of us have gotten them before.

There is a tremendous difference between "catch and release" and obeying the laws that protect the resources so all of us can enjoy them.

In this instance, he has stated he made a mistake, he has apologized, so that should be the end of this part of the thread. And if he received any from forum members, then he has MY apology, as we should never send "hate" PM's for any reason.

I have not seen anything hateful here in this thread. I have seen posts that pointed out his error but I don't believe any of them expressed hate to date.

Re: I love them LM bass pics - 04/02/14 05:00 PM

I will not eat fish caught on golf course. They use lots chemicals and pesticides to maintain the golf course, the grass and the lawns. The fishes in golf course ponds are highly toxic.
Posted By: Bentley

Re: I love them LM bass pics - 04/02/14 05:20 PM

Good job!!!
Posted By: TarponFly

Re: I love them LM bass pics - 04/02/14 06:07 PM

Definetly do not eat those. Bad stuff in those pods from the bajillion chemicles they use on the grass there. Bad bad. Especially feeding golf course fish to a kid. Bad bad bad stuff now these days. Again, throw what u have away. And dont eat them.

Re: I love them LM bass pics - 04/02/14 06:19 PM

Thanks for the info tarpon, looks like catch and release from now on.
Posted By: Anytimeoutdoors

Re: I love them LM bass pics - 04/02/14 07:33 PM

Nice fish.

Re: I love them LM bass pics - 04/02/14 07:40 PM

I would like to fish that pond, catch big bass and crappie using my fly rod for practice purpose. lol

Thanks for the info tarpon, looks like catch and release from now on.
Posted By: jig master

Re: Crappie pics - 04/02/14 08:19 PM

Sweet !! Good Job !! Thanks for sharing !!
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: Crappie pics - 04/03/14 04:57 AM

agree with Pepop.... got lots of gooduns.....
Posted By: FishSaint

Re: Crappie pics - 04/04/14 04:06 PM

Took my buddies kiddo out there he is 5 he caught 3[/b] and to see him and talk to him you would have thought he caught a limit of 2 pounders.
[b][/b]
That counts as 2 fishermen....
Posted By: feagins28

Re: Crappie pics - 04/04/14 04:23 PM

Great job here Bass! I beat the people giving you grief haven't caught a limit of crappie yet so their all "menstrual". If you had your buddies kiddo like previously stated that does count as 2 fishermen. Furthermore, it seems like an honest mistake! Sorry for the grief you're catching.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum