Texas Fishing Forum

I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>>

Posted By: Texas Brave Ranger13

I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/07/14 11:28 PM

using Stubby Steve's to tip their jigs. I contacted Dan Danenmueller and it is what he uses. He says he loves it and will continue to use it. Anyone ever use it?
Posted By: Denton Pond Jumper

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 01:12 AM

Ok never seen it or used it more info needed.

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 01:14 AM

http://stubbysteves.mybigcommerce.com/cajun-red-stubby-grubby-fish-food-lure/
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 01:21 AM

Nope never used it...
Posted By: SlabHappy

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 01:29 AM

Yeah, never used it, and at $4.99 for 7, (maybe 14 if cut in two) Don't think I will. I was a die hard on having to have a nibble on my jig, but catch just about as many without.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 01:42 AM

Me either, good luck with that...I am sure it works, but it just looks like more stuff...and I have enough stuff. Thanks for enlightening me, though...

eeks
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 02:27 AM

It says on the website that one lasts all day. If that's true then it's cheaper than minners. I might try some one day. I'm a tackle ho and a amateur fisherman. I need any edge I can get. thumb

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 03:03 AM

I'llbe field testing it I guess.
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 04:46 AM

think I maybe heard a something like that one time ? ? ? scared
never used it ....
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 03:59 PM

All my personal lures have scent on them. I'm good thumb
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: I see that some of the pro crappie fishermen are>>>> - 02/08/14 04:13 PM

Sounds like another of those wonder products that catch more fishermen than fish.

I tried all the scents that were on the market several years ago and did not find any that worked better than a piece of dead shad or minnow. Dead shad worked better when I could catch them. Dead minnows were always available as my wife will not use anything but minnows. stir

My wife adds crappie nibbles to the hooks with her minnows but I have never found them to make a difference. Once I tried just crappie nibbles on a hook and did not catch a single crappie with it. But that could have been due to the problem of keeping the bluegills away from it. grin

But I am willing to try a new scent once in a while, especially if somebody else has bought it and offers me a spray. bolt

But I suspect in the long run nothing will beat a piece of dead shad or minnow on the hook if you want to add a scent to your jig. (I read where a small piece of cut bluegill works great. I think I will try this the next time I catch a bluegill while fishing for crappie. )
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum