Texas Fishing Forum

Whats the deal????

Posted By: dwmoore

Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 08:17 PM

I had three different tff crappie lets use gurus ask me to fish with them this weekend on CC .And not nara a post or braggin on there trips.Could it be they all took a woopin ??? Ha Darrell
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 08:22 PM

I got my tail kicked in both Saturday and Sunday. Worst 2 days of fishing I've had in a long time. Nothing to see here...move on.

BTW, Thumb up Darrell.....lol

CW
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 08:30 PM

This time of year, it can be like a Rodney Dangerfield kind of deal. I see 'Ol Stubby's got a few hemmed up in a ditch over at Fork. But he keeps pestering those whisker fish.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os
I got my tail kicked in both Saturday and Sunday. Worst 2 days of fishing I've had in a long time. Nothing to see here...move on.

CW
It's remarks like that that causes Karma to come your way. rolfmao
Posted By: Guide Chuck Rollins

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 08:34 PM

Friday was a prefront day and we limited with 50 by 11:30, but Saturday & Sunday was totally different. Saturday we had a 20 mph north wind to deal with and Sunday the bite just wasn't the same. It would have been pretty easy to not do well. If a guy spent all day out there he could have out some numbers together but it was certainly tougher conditions.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 08:35 PM

CW

Me and Anthony are hitting up CC on Saturday. He hasn't been fishing in 6 months so I'm hoping he'll be my good luck.

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 08:49 PM

Ok Im happy now .Just wanted yall to admit even the lets say gurus got uh hummmm practice in.Ha Man Im glad I stayed home and dug post holes.Theres usally a guy in town with a truck load of post holes for sale.He wasnt anywhere to be found Sat. so just had to diggem by hand.Rainin at the ranch in god country.Darrell
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76

CW

Me and Anthony are hitting up CC on Saturday. He hasn't been fishing in 6 months so I'm hoping he'll be my good luck.

Good luck men! I can't believe he hasn't been in 6 months! That is some kind of busy for him!
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 09:03 PM

I fished the slip Saturday and Sunday. It was too windy to take the pontoon out as the waves hurt my wife's back.

We caught a few crappie, sand bass and lmb from the slip. But all the crappie were undersized so it wasn't anything to brag about.

About the only thing good that came from the weekend, lake-wise, was my placing the first porcupine fish attractor in my slip. Two more to go.
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 11:09 PM

DW, you should have been here yesterday!!!
If'n you find that ole boy with them post holes and the price is right, send him up here! Only thing I hate worse is painting.
Went out in the rain this morning, had boat problems and only fished maybe an hour and had 9 in the live well. Saw BigCrappieChris and they were catchin a few too.

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 11:27 PM

Im gonna make it up there. Down to about 500 filets in the freezer gotta stock up.Darrell
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/04/13 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76

CW

I knew he would come around soon. Can't wear it out! rolfmao
Posted By: Lewisville Catfishing

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/05/13 12:46 AM

What do the crappie do for the most part on those high pressure post front days this time of year when it cools? We couldn't find any holding on cover in various depths and we fished a lot of areas Sunday. Do they go out in open water and suspend during those times or what? Any thoughts or ideas where we messed up?

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/05/13 01:38 AM

TarponFly had a good post about this several months ago. Has a lot to do with the sudden change in pressure. Not so much with where the crappie move to. The sudden change in pressure takes away the appetite. Fish at deeper depths (25ft+) are not affected as much. Since the fish haven't moved to their winter habitat yet and are holding 6-20ft, the pressure change shuts them down for awhile.
Posted By: Lewisville Catfishing

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/05/13 02:40 AM

I knew they would shut down pretty good with the high pressure, but was just wondering why we didn't see them show up on the electronics on the timber that they held on a week ago in numerous depths. Not many were piled up on the bridges either. Just trying to think of what we could have tried or done different to put a few in the boat that day. I figured maybe they were starting a transition period and on the move possibly.

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/05/13 03:17 AM

They are definitely on the move and have been for the past month. Where you find them today may be void tomorrow. And they do suspend in open water over points or mouths of coves or on drop-offs this time of year. Crappie are as hard to find in this fall transition as they are in spring transition. And with weather changes, there isn't much of a pattern. They might be holding at 10ft one day and 20ft the next.
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Whats the deal???? - 11/05/13 12:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
TarponFly had a good post about this several months ago. Has a lot to do with the sudden change in pressure. Not so much with where the crappie move to. The sudden change in pressure takes away the appetite. Fish at deeper depths (25ft+) are not affected as much. Since the fish haven't moved to their winter habitat yet and are holding 6-20ft, the pressure change shuts them down for awhile.

Here ya go--

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt..._Pressur#UNREAD
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum