Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie lake suggestions

Posted By: Gunn

Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 02:02 PM

Need some recommendations on the TFF favorite crappie lakes within 2 hours of Dallas. Mostly just fish Lake Lewisville but looking to branch out for a new lake without driving too far. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 02:22 PM

Lavon, Cedar Creek, Navarro Mills, Palestine, Ray Roberts, Texoma.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 02:36 PM

Might be close to the two hour line, but Davy Crockett has a healthy crappie population from what I've heard.
Posted By: r63pappy

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 02:49 PM

Just don't go to where i fish. No crappie there.

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 02:51 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I have more of a ski boat without a trolling motor, so I mostly just have to fish timer and bridges. I do have a fish finder but no SI. I can decently find structure but have to work with my current setup. Thanks again for the advice. I am hoping to find a lake with a healthy population to catch my first limit.

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 02:53 PM

R63Pappy, I hear ya pal. I have been catchin a few here and there, but can't seem to slay em like I am hoping. Even hired Ernest to teach me some wisdom. Learned a great deal.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 06:35 PM

If you have more of a ski boat w/o a trolling motor, then I would scratch Davy Crockett
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 08:08 PM

Lake Fork or Tawakoni are two of the best! Don't count them out!
Posted By: crappie-quest

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/13/13 09:14 PM

Ray Roberts. Buck Creek ramp. Tons of good timber south of the ramp that hold crappie.
Just go slow!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/14/13 12:58 AM

Grapevine has some big white crappie in it. Plus it is built northwest to southeast so you can usually find a place out of the wind to fish.
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/14/13 12:54 PM

texoma maybe ?

Re: Crappie lake suggestions - 08/14/13 06:58 PM

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I think I will have to try RR first, and then hit up Tawokoni. LL has been really tough lately.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum