Texas Fishing Forum

THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM

Posted By: remymartin

THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 05:24 AM

Going to Cedar Creek in the morning with Okiebob and doing some fishing with my son it is a blessing to have some nice people out there. I just want to tell all of you THANK YOU and I really appreciate the help and back bone that youll is doing for my son thru his hard times. God is good and may he bless every one. It is hard for us to deal with this but it will be a good time the next couple days and he said he will take every one up on there offer on some fishing. He said he do not want no one feeling sorry for him just to be a fishing partner. And don't want no one to feel like he using this because of his condition to go fishing. Yes it is tight at the same time he dont want to feel like he can't. he said I might get tired but I will keep pushing. And it makes me feel bad at the same time because I cant give him the simple things he ask for but you'll have made the simple things easy. And I am so glad he is simple minded like me and love the nature and the world not the material things. Will keep every one posted and THANK YOU AGAIN.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 12:32 PM

Nice! Goodonya Okie Bob!
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 01:44 PM

WTG Okie Bob. Hope y'all catch a bunch and have a good time!
Posted By: pepop

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: el Rojo

+1
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: pepop

+1
Posted By: crapicat

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 02:43 PM

Okiebob is a goodun for sure, I hope the trip turns out well for everyone. Good luck and good fishing.
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 04:36 PM

Thanks again Okiebob for helping out a good friend ....Tight Lines
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 05:29 PM

That's GREAT! Ya'll have fun!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 05:40 PM

Yes Sir! It just don't get any better. fish

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 08:17 PM

Thanks Okiebob we enjoyed are selves and had a blast. My son said you and your buddies are hilarious and could not stop laughing. He is still talking about the fish that he lost. He hooked into a striper and spooled him and he is so happy to have feeled the thump. I think he is going to become a thump aholic now. Thank you all who shared this day with us and made it a blessing. Will post pics soon.
Posted By: Creamlevel Creek Kennels

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: remymartin
Thanks Okiebob we enjoyed are selves and had a blast. My son said you and your buddies are hilarious and could not stop laughing. He is still talking about the fish that he lost. He hooked into a striper and spooled him and he is so happy to have feeled the thump. I think he is going to become a thump aholic now. Thank you all who shared this day with us and made it a blessing. Will post pics soon.

OkieBob is generous to a fault, and a great gesture no doubt, but I think us old guys enjoyed the day as much as anyone. From the First Light Coffee & Breakfast, throughout the encounters on the lake, to the loading of the boat. After leaving you guys, we met Bob in town for Lunch, and he was as giddy as a School Girl about the day. He was thrilled about the expression on Nino's face when he got spooled by the Hybrid. What a Great Day.

You have a great family, and glad ya'll let me and my brother be a part of it. Jig'um showed up at Breakfast with a hand full of Jig'um Jigs for Nino to use during the day. A bunch of Ole Geeshers showing up to have a good time with your family, and the BLESSING was ours. As usual when trying to help someone else out, you end up being blessed as much as those you are hoping to help.

Wish the fishing was better, but with God, he seems to know what is needed, and everyone gets what they need. Thank you for the day with your family.

keith (cooter)

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:04 PM

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:05 PM

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:07 PM

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:11 PM

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:23 PM

What a great site for all eyes...people having fun fishing and enjoying fellowship...AMEN
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:43 PM

coolphotos One Word. "OUTSTANDING"! You just don't find anything better than this. God's people doing God's work. Plane and simple. cheers
Posted By: serj5150

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:54 PM

Great pics guys!!!...You guys let me know when ya'll want to go.
Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:55 PM

Thanks all for letting me be just a small part of what Nino needed right now.. As for the rest of the journey, we'll leave that to GOD.. Be safe ya'll and GOD BLESS.
Jigum

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 10:58 PM

Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 06/30/13 11:13 PM

That's awesome! Absolutely awesome. I see Keith and his brother and Jigum and Bob all there. I'm honored to know you all. Remymartin, I will keep praying for Nino. Keep us posted on his progress.
Posted By: Shawty

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 01:15 AM

Wow... this. is. awesome.
Best wishes Nino!
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 01:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
That's awesome! Absolutely awesome. I see Keith and his brother and Jigum and Bob all there. I'm honored to know you all. Remymartin, I will keep praying for Nino. Keep us posted on his progress.

+1
Posted By: MOE BANDY

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: pepop

+1
Posted By: crope1

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 06:24 AM

a blessed day had by all! great gesture!
Posted By: RedSled13

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 06:51 AM

Hope everything will be alright.II
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 10:45 AM

Thank you all for the kind words but, I'm a little embarrassed, humbled and a lot blessed by it all. Yesterday was one I'll remember forever. All I did was what any of you would have done and was blessed by being a small part of helping Nino, Tory and Betty forget, if just a few hours, the terrible ordeal they face in the days ahead.
Nino is an exceptional young man and I ask that everyone please pray for him as he starts chemo this Friday. I pray that WE were able help him in some small way prepare for whatever lies ahead.
My good friends, Matthew, Bruce and Keith were more to thank than me. I'm sure it meant as much to Nino, the laughter and banter between us all as the fishing. But, the smile on his face was the big payoff for me. He caught the biggest fish of the day and one I'll never forget. I just truly appreciate his whole family for allowing me to be a part of their day. They are special people that I was honored to become friends with.

Please keep them in your prayers! Nothing else will get them through this terrible time. My family has been so blessed and I can't even begin to know how hard this has to be for them. I just ask they keep us updated on how he is doing. May our God be with you.

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: OkieBob
Thank you all for the kind words but, I'm a little embarrassed, humbled and a lot blessed by it all. Yesterday was one I'll remember forever. All I did was what any of you would have done and was blessed by being a small part of helping Nino, Tory and Betty forget, if just a few hours, the terrible ordeal they face in the days ahead.
Nino is an exceptional young man and I ask that everyone please pray for him as he starts chemo this Friday. I pray that WE were able help him in some small way prepare for whatever lies ahead.
My good friends, Matthew, Bruce and Keith were more to thank than me. I'm sure it meant as much to Nino, the laughter and banter between us all as the fishing. But, the smile on his face was the big payoff for me. He caught the biggest fish of the day and one I'll never forget. I just truly appreciate his whole family for allowing me to be a part of their day. They are special people that I was honored to become friends with.

Please keep them in your prayers! Nothing else will get them through this terrible time. My family has been so blessed and I can't even begin to know how hard this has to be for them. I just ask they keep us updated on how he is doing. May our God be with you.

Nothing better for the heart, mind, and soul, than giving Okiebob. Well done. Bet Nino would wear one of the OU caps....through his coming ordeal.
Posted By: CanadiYak

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 01:18 PM

Amazing what you did for this Family prayers sent for Nino and his Family in this time angel
Posted By: CrappieHappy

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 01:47 PM

thumb Very Kind Gesture. Nino, wishing you the best sir!
Posted By: T. Dub

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 02:21 PM

WOW... I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the TFF has allowed people from totally different walks of life, who's paths may never have crossed otherwise to become lifelong FRIENDS. Gestures like this should trump every petty little gripe any of us have about the content of this forum. May God bless each and every one of you.
Posted By: piscatur non solum piscator

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 02:27 PM

Thank you Nino, Remy and Okiebob. Your actions; reaching out and asking for help, the courage and kindness to share your struggle, the ability and willingness to respond. All have far reaching impact.

I have close friend who does "real work" in helping families through these types difficulties. From what little I've learned through him and from those like you sharing your story with others my faith in God is renewed and my trust in the possibilities of goodness in men is restored.

I'll be praying and am grateful to you as well.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: THANK YOU EVERY BODY ON THE FORUM - 07/01/13 02:29 PM

Looks like a Awesome time. Will continue to Pray that the good lord has his will and way. angel2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum