Texas Fishing Forum

Southern delight

Posted By: cxjcherokec

Southern delight - 06/10/13 02:10 PM

Loading up on some tasty groceries with the boy before we go back home, hook up the boat and head to the coast. The coast is my 1st love but crappie fishing is a dang close 2nd!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Southern delight - 06/10/13 03:15 PM

Good Luck!
Posted By: piscatur non solum piscator

Re: Southern delight - 06/10/13 05:18 PM

Right there with you sir. I spent many a summer day in my early teens fishing the Lower Laguna Madre. I try to take the kids every summer. Nothing like dolphins surfacing two feet off the bow while you are on a school of trout. Or watching a pair of sting rays gliding through the water doing their courtship dance. The first time you hook a 36" redfish on light tackle and have the drag screaming fight to the death with him is memorable as well. Lots of species to chase, flounder, mangrove snapper and sometimes, if you are lucky, snook. I've even heard rumor of the occasional tarpon sighting.

Crappie fishing has become my new pastime and I enjoy it immensely but I hope to get back to the salt water and if God permits me, end my days fishing the coast.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Southern delight - 06/10/13 05:29 PM

Originally Posted By: piscatur non solum piscator
Right there with you sir. I spent many a summer day in my early teens fishing the Lower Laguna Madre. I try to take the kids every summer. Nothing like dolphins surfacing two feet off the bow while you are on a school of trout. Or watching a pair of sting rays gliding through the water doing their courtship dance. The first time you hook a 36" redfish on light tackle and have the drag screaming fight to the death with him is memorable as well. Lots of species to chase, flounder, mangrove snapper and sometimes, if you are lucky, snook. I've even heard rumor of the occasional tarpon sighting.

Crappie fishing has become my new pastime and I enjoy it immensely but I hope to get back to the salt water and if God permits me, end my days fishing the coast.

Here we go...so when is this fishing adventure going to develop?
Posted By: cxjcherokec

Re: Southern delight - 06/10/13 06:48 PM

Like this wink [img]http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx29/...39DB1731890.mp4[/img]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum