Texas Fishing Forum

Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13

Posted By: I love fishing

Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 04:14 AM

Hello Fellow Anglers,

I've been up 30 plus hours now. I came home from work this morning and my wife wanted me to take her crappie fishing at Lake Lewisville. I thought I have been up all night and why not. Loaded up the boat and got to the lake at 9:15am and launched at Westlake Park. Wind was brutal this morning. We couldn't fish the spots we normally fished. So we were forced to fished at protected area. Found some stumps at 11 FOW and fish on! Pulled in 4 keepers and 6 dinks. Went to next spot and found brush piles and condos and it was crappie heaven. Pulled in 11 keepers and 5 were hawgs! Threw back 4 dinks at this spot. Again the wind was not cooperating and we had to anchored down to keep the boat from blowing away. So the bite slowed down and we scouted more area and found a tree in a 12 FOW and we dropped down the jigs and pulled in 5 keepers and threw back 3 dinks. Finally we pulled in a last spot before we went home and fished this stump at 6 FOW. First cast down and bam!! Fish on again. We got 5 keepers and 11 dinks. Total keepers were 25 crappies, 3 magnum sandies, and one trash fish. Not a bad day with my wife. She loves crappie fishing now. She wanted to make every Friday a DATE and I'm all good. All fish were caught with Bobby Garland Slab Bandits. Colors of choice were Chartreuse/white, baby shad from Crazy Angler. Today was strictly jigs and NO MINNOWS. It was a great day with the wife. Wife caught the biggest crappies. Lewisville is great right now. Fish were caught between 9 FOW and 12 FOW. Your take care and be safe out there. Now I'm going to bed.
Posted By: fishing_ken

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 04:38 AM

Nice! Wtg
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 04:43 AM

Sounds like you had a good fishing wind day! Nice
Posted By: crope1

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 07:05 AM

schucks! you beat me by 5 hours....lol!
Posted By: Flipp

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 09:32 AM

Crappie crappie day! Good job ,she's Hooked! thumb
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 12:24 PM

sweeeeeeeeet nice livewell ....
and i bet that lil lady loves to ketch them fish
good job yawl ....
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 05:38 PM

What a way to spend the day with your Lady! And catching a nice mess is a bonus! WTG
Posted By: Fishin_Ren

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish
What a way to spend the day with your Lady! And catching a nice mess is a bonus! WTG

+1, also a bravo to a guy who seems to have a string of bad lucks follow him. Now that you get that monkey off your back, it's ketchin' time from now on! Good job! thumb clap
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 06:27 PM

Nice Mess of fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: banderapass1

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 06:37 PM

wow! great job finding them!!!!! woot
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Fishin_Ren_lol
Originally Posted By: tboxfish

+1, also a bravo to a guy who seems to have a string of bad lucks follow him. Now that you get that monkey off your back, it's ketchin' time from now on! Good job! thumb clap

Thanks. We had a blast. Finally got some sleep and now going to take a nap before cleaning and organizing the boat.
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/18/13 11:18 PM

Your're a real Man to work all night and then take your Wife fishing. Both of you had a Great Day....fellowship and catching slabs. What a Day!!!!
Posted By: BDawg11

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/19/13 01:24 AM

WTG! It's about time you had a good fishing day with all you've been through recently!
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/19/13 03:30 AM

nice report
Posted By: Wylie Crappieman

Re: Who Needs Sleep When It's Crappie Time! 5/17/13 - 05/19/13 12:15 PM

Awesome day... Bet you're still sleepin!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum