Texas Fishing Forum

How many fishing barges are there?

Posted By: FangSifu

How many fishing barges are there? - 04/06/13 01:03 PM

I live next to the Cowboy Stadium... too windy to take my nephews out.. other than Lewisville.. Are there other fishing barges that are close by?

One of Ray Hubbard's barge is gone (the one closer to Bass Pro), I believed there is one more on the 2nd bridge off 30.

any info will be appreciated.
Posted By: where's my bobber?

Re: How many fishing barges are there? - 04/06/13 01:53 PM

There's one at Lynn creek marina at joe pool. Also at cedar hill state park on joe pool.
Posted By: DaBears

Re: How many fishing barges are there? - 04/06/13 02:17 PM

The barge off of Dalrock was moved to the location of the second barge and added on.

The second barge is further down 30 heading East. Just take it to Horizon, make a left over 30 and make another left before you get to the gated homes. You will see a sign for Harbor Bay Marina that will lead you there. Can also look it up and GPS
Posted By: Ken N Tx

Re: How many fishing barges are there? - 04/07/13 10:22 AM

There is one on Ray Roberts..
Posted By: Streater

Re: How many fishing barges are there? - 04/07/13 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken N Tx
There is one on Ray Roberts..

I know that there is a pier, but is there a barge also? Where?
Posted By: SlabWhisperer

Re: How many fishing barges are there? - 04/07/13 11:19 PM

The Lake Ray Roberts Marina @1399 Marina Dr., Sanger has a fishing dock. $5 for the day. Although it is covered, it is open on the SE side. I have a houseboat at the marina and occasionally go down to see if anybody is catching anything. There's only about 14 FOW under the dock, and very sparse and old brush... most of the people I've talked with there recently were underwhelmed!
Tight Lines!
Jim
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum