Texas Fishing Forum

Electric knife

Posted By: fish n fool

Electric knife - 05/13/12 12:24 PM

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I cant find it. What is your favorite electric knife? Mine finally gave it up and my back up knife is no coparison. Need to get another good one.

Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 12:27 PM

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/7475826/1

Posted By: timbus123

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 01:34 PM

american angler

Posted By: leanin post

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 01:51 PM

dont get a rapala, we got one yesterday and it broke the first time using, it, headed back to academy today to exchange it and try a mister twister.

Posted By: Dutch1947

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 05:31 PM

Don't get a Rapala or a Mr. Twister. American Angler with the Shark Blade. You can pick one up on Amazon for about $35.

If you like the Mr. Twister or the Rapala (I have used both), I would refer you to an old Jean Shepard quote. "If you never had Filet Mignon, Peanut Butter tastes just fine".

Posted By: DaveB

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 07:03 PM

Agree with Dutch. Get the AA. I use the shark blade as well now. I didn't like them at first because of the long blade. Went to the smaller blade for crappie and won't use anything else. AA offers 2 different sizes in the shark blade. The small one is plenty big enough for 2 lb + crappie.

Posted By: big10

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 07:07 PM

Iv used a rapala for a while now and it does ok on crappie but not great. The blades turn pretty slow so it wront do anything other than crappie (has a lot of trouble on blue cats). I just started using a cheep hamilton beach and love it so far. Only time will tell how long it will hold up but right now its my favorite.

Posted By: Martin Ping

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 07:26 PM

Try them all and if they don't work take them back and get another...

I had a terrible American Angler, worst I have ever used and took it back for a Mr Twister Pirahna that I have used for three years now...Excellent knife...

They ALL vary knife to knife, you can get a bad one or a good one no matter the brand...

Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 09:01 PM

American Angler with the 8" shark (saltwater) blade...! ! ! !

Posted By: MOE BANDY

Re: Electric knife - 05/13/12 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: timbus123
american angler

Posted By: fish n fool

Re: Electric knife - 05/14/12 03:10 PM

Thanks guy's the knife that broke was an AA that I had for probably seven years. I had a Mister Twister for back up and it did not compare to the power and speed of the AA. I am going to locate me anoter AA will probably pick up two one for a spare.

Posted By: fishin247

Re: Electric knife - 05/14/12 03:38 PM

Had them All American Angler Best money I have spent

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum