Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine

Posted By: JoshMan734

Grapevine - 03/21/12 01:30 AM

Hey Boys we are wanting to get on some spawning crappies on Lake Grapevine but I doubt they are there yet. But we wanted to go out fri and sat and get em so can anyone lead me in the right direction where they might be?

Posted By: AggieKenny

Re: Grapevine - 03/21/12 01:44 AM

I fished a boat slip today. More activity than I expected. The lake is up almost 4' over pool. It rose about 18" while I was there. I haven't had much luck out on the main lake, just slips and boat houses. Maybe Denton creek if the water slows down.

Posted By: dboyz1954

Re: Grapevine - 03/21/12 01:46 AM

forget it Grapevine is last lake to spawn out try latter part of April and all of May trust me on this been fishin G over 30 years but you can catch pre spawn try the 10 water in any thing resembles structure unless you know where the condos are and.... fyi stay off mine!!!!

Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine - 03/21/12 01:56 AM

When were you wanting to go?

Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Grapevine - 03/21/12 02:14 AM

I am wanting to go Fri and Sat this week! DBoyz I have lived and fished the vine for 25 yrs now and I do know that they spawn late. Hell the bass are the same way! I was just gonna run silver lake scotts and Twin to try and catch some! Just didn't know if they were under the docks. . . staging on like secondary stuff or on the banks. If the river slows down I know where we can catch them up in Denton but I aint running up there when its flowing like it was last weekend! Just trying to find out a secondary pattern! Thanks guys

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum