Texas Fishing Forum

Ute lake in n.m.

Posted By: bighorns55

Ute lake in n.m. - 03/04/12 09:34 PM

has anyone heard if the whites and crappie are biting at ute lake in n.m.?

Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/05/12 01:57 AM

I have not heard but when I was a kid my parents had a lake house on Ute Lake. I caught a lot of fish there about 30 years ago.

Good luck if and when you go.

CW

Posted By: Flattman

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/05/12 02:05 AM

When I lived in Tucumcari Ute and Conchas were the home lakes and I loved them. Caught a lot of bass (large mouth and small mouth)and crappie from both but I haven't fished them in ten years. They are just simply great lakes to fish. I bet you will do well so have a great time there.

Ron

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/05/12 03:41 AM

we are going there for sping break. we will be there for 8 days or so. hopefully we can catch something.

Posted By: Sac-lait-Pat

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/05/12 09:45 AM

I fished them both mostly UTE plenty of good walleye and Smallies along with Crappie there was a couple of guys that would come out from Amarillo every year about this time and slaughter the big slabs.

Posted By: dawgtracker

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/05/12 01:45 PM

Great Lake full of Walleye and Smallmouth. It's a clear lake visiblity 10' to 15' in summer

Posted By: Flattman

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/05/12 02:06 PM

bighorns55,

That time of year try the structure up in the Canadian near Horseshoe Bend, Brushy Cove and near Logan Marina Launch is a great structure area called Cedar Point. Across from Logan Marina are two coves that used to do well for me. There is a lot of structure up in Ute Creek. I envy you, you will have a wonderful time.

http://www.emnrd.state.nm.us/prd/utelake.htm

Ron

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/06/12 01:52 AM

My inlaws live close to mine canyon so thats where we will put in. Then its just a quick trip across the lake. Thanks for all the help. I will give it a try.

Posted By: Gunzel

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/06/12 02:55 AM

Got an aunt & uncle who live there, I fished it the last several years....maybe a bit early....watch the weather I think its turning bad this weekend. Stop by the Roughneck Tackel shop,good folks and good advice.

Re: Ute lake in n.m. - 03/06/12 02:57 AM

thanks for the info

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum