Texas Fishing Forum

white rock creek

Posted By: JW.

white rock creek - 02/25/12 07:06 PM

are there still shad in the creek? i know this is crappie fishing but i know people crappie fish in here.

Posted By: steveiam

Re: white rock creek - 02/26/12 03:28 AM

I haven't found shad of any numbers since the flood.

I've been three different weeks.

Posted By: TheKingOfFish

Re: white rock creek - 02/26/12 05:11 PM

theres nuthin in the creeks now but a bunch of shad. wait till it warms up a lil and the lake is good!

Posted By: J.Money

Re: white rock creek - 03/13/12 06:22 AM

Found me a honey hole @ White Rock Creek.

Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: white rock creek - 03/13/12 03:03 PM

NICE!

Reggie

Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: white rock creek - 03/13/12 03:45 PM

Nice job jm and welcome aboard

Posted By: jakethesnake

Re: white rock creek - 03/13/12 08:12 PM

i was paddling wrc yesterday i saw a few shad here and there.. didnt catch any fish tho but i did recover a few lures and bobbers so its give and take id say

Posted By: txsmoker

Re: white rock creek - 03/13/12 08:14 PM

Thats some good looking WR crappie...how bout a hint where that honey hole is ?????

Posted By: gatorgar55

Re: white rock creek - 03/14/12 06:25 PM

I'll bet that honey hole is in the lake or the creek.

Posted By: txfishingirl

Re: white rock creek - 03/14/12 08:30 PM

I'm new to Dallas and have heard that white rock has some decent crappie spots. From what I've read, the spawn hasn't really happened yet... not that I want any one to give away any honey holes, but any ideas/advice on some good places to start at in white rock? Also - I'm still learning the area, so places near there to buy minnows? Thanks for the help smile

Posted By: txsmoker

Re: white rock creek - 03/14/12 09:55 PM

The N/W corner and the S/E corner of the Lake. all so behind the sail boats...the minnow place by the dam closed down months ago and the closest place is the bait shop off I-30 just before Lake Ray Hubbard..I tournament fish with CAT so I buy a pound at a time and keep them at home.. I sure miss Jimmy's wheel in...

Posted By: txfishingirl

Re: white rock creek - 03/14/12 10:32 PM

That's the closest one? wow. I guess you do have to stock up. I will definitely check out those corners and the area by the boats. Thanks for the tips. I'm sure once I get out there, I'll figure it out... hopefully.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum