Texas Fishing Forum

Dunlap Crappie

Posted By: Gary F

Dunlap Crappie - 02/16/12 04:58 PM

Just wanting what to look for(reeds, docks etc.)and depth. Will be putting in at Schuman Beach. I only fish with jigs, so what color is best.?

Posted By: fishinnb

Re: Dunlap Crappie - 02/17/12 01:17 AM

not too sure, but i will bump this to the top
i know alot of folks sink brushpiles next to their docks.
i would definately recommend hitting canyon lake instead of dunlap though. you can get into the crappie pretty good in trees around the mouth of the river.

Re: Dunlap Crappie - 02/17/12 06:17 PM

Thanks for the info. Is there a launch near Cranes Mill?, I might give the crappie fishing another try on Canyon.

Maybe someone has some information on the crappie population at Dunlap, as it is much closer to home.

Posted By: fishinnb

Re: Dunlap Crappie - 02/18/12 01:50 PM

that's the same problem i have at canyon. it takes me 15 min to get to the crane's mill ramp. (which i think is still closed) but it takes an hour to get to potters creek. thats too far to drive.

Re: Dunlap Crappie - 02/18/12 03:10 PM

Takes about 40 minutes to either one, but Potters Creek ramp requires a long journey via boat to mouth of Guadalupe. That is why I was thinking about Dunlap(15 minutes) and catch a few. I was hoping someone could tell me about the crappie population on Dunlap.

Re: Dunlap Crappie - 02/22/12 03:30 PM

Bump

Posted By: The Rionator

Re: Dunlap Crappie - 02/22/12 04:21 PM

I have fished on dunlap quite a bit for panfish and have caught bass, cats even carp but never had a crappie hit my bait

Re: Dunlap Crappie - 02/25/12 05:40 PM

BUMP

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum