Texas Fishing Forum

Short afternoon on NM

Posted By: Keith Speer

Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 12:54 AM

When the cowboy score was 3 to 6 I loaded up and headed to NM...
Got there bout 4:45 and caught my limit at 6:50....
One location I caught 2 crappie then moved to another and got 23 there.... Wind was a bit of a problem but slowed down late... Water was 14 ft deep crappie at 12 ft... No hogs but 10 - 12 inch crappie... Few boats on the lake but were moving quite a bit...

Posted By: Chadt

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 01:04 AM

Keep pulling em out, good job I need to head down there and catch a few, its not too far from the house

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 01:42 AM

leaning post: PM sent.....

Posted By: burton1795

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 01:47 AM

Which lake is NM?

Posted By: one_pacman

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 01:55 AM

NM = Navarro Mills

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 02:08 AM

I dont think you can get there from Stephenville.... rolfmao

Posted By: CrappieHappy

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 01:58 PM

nice job Keith!

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 09:09 PM

Guess not. Nobody here has ever heard it.

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: burton1795
Guess not. Nobody here has ever heard it.

Just looked it up on the map. No wonder I have never heard of it.

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 09:31 PM

Dont think you can get here from there.... rolfmao
Well kept secret.... scared

Posted By: Texas Guide Fishing - Mark Parker

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/17/11 09:42 PM

Great Keith,

But what are you doing with all those Crappie.

If you are an everyday Guy - where are those fish going?

C&R works - no fish to clean - and just as much fun,

Just keep what you need and release the rest - DO NOT GIVE FISH AWAY, - Yeah I know that is a new concept - but a good one!

Good rule of thumb - Just keep what you need and release the rest,

Great Day Keith,

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/18/11 02:16 AM

Mark:
I have worked my @$$ off building stick condos, boo condos, brush piles and sinking cedar trees so I may better enjoy retirement.

I made a video on “how to build crappie structure” and uploaded it to Youtube with the aim of helping the average crappie hunter be a better fisherman. As of now it has been viewed 12,831 times… So somebody must like it.

I have had quite a few fellow crappie guys call me or PM me on TFF about building structure for crappie. I try my best to help any way I can and answer their questions to the best of my knowledge so they to can better catch crappie.

Yes, I do go crappie fishing more than the average guy. Why? I am retired & live 15 min. from Navarro Mills!

But until Texas Parks & Wildlife tells me to stop doing what I am doing, I will continue trying my best to catch 25 legal crappie every time I go fishing.

What I do with my “legal” crappie is MY BUSINESS.

To sum this up: You paddle your boat and I will paddle mine.

You have a nice day.

Keith

Posted By: Carver

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/18/11 02:55 AM

Good post Keith ! congrats on another good day, Phill

Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/18/11 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Keith Speer
Mark:
I have worked my @$$ off building stick condos, boo condos, brush piles and sinking cedar trees so I may better enjoy retirement.

I made a video on “how to build crappie structure” and uploaded it to Youtube with the aim of helping the average crappie hunter be a better fisherman. As of now it has been viewed 12,831 times… So somebody must like it.

I have had quite a few fellow crappie guys call me or PM me on TFF about building structure for crappie. I try my best to help any way I can and answer their questions to the best of my knowledge so they to can better catch crappie.

Yes, I do go crappie fishing more than the average guy. Why? I am retired & live 15 min. from Navarro Mills!

But until Texas Parks & Wildlife tells me to stop doing what I am doing, I will continue trying my best to catch 25 legal crappie every time I go fishing.

What I do with my “legal” crappie is MY BUSINESS.

To sum this up: You paddle your boat and I will paddle mine.

You have a nice day.

Keith
clap clap clap

Posted By: Texas Guide Fishing - Mark Parker

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/18/11 11:38 AM

Sorry if I upset you Keith.

Posted By: nvc_fshrmn

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/18/11 09:15 PM

Great job Keith.

I am heading down on Friday so long as the winds do not pick up over 13 in the forcast. As of right now I am seeing ESE, S winds from 8mph. Do you think this cold front will hurt the fishing any

Not looking for secret spots...I am an avg fisherman and expect to boat 10-15 keepers...just tring to get an idea if i should expect a slow day or decent day with the front. Would like to take my 90yr old grandfather if i think fishing my be decent.

Steve

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/19/11 01:11 AM

nvc_fshrmn: PM sent...

Posted By: Huntin & Fishin

Re: Short afternoon on NM - 10/19/11 01:44 PM

Keith,

You are my HERO! I am going to make a spiecal trip down to NM's one day just to drive around on the lake till I find you, so I can shake your hand. Thanks for all of your tips and reports.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum