Texas Fishing Forum

Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport

Posted By: Chris H2Os

Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/14/11 10:56 PM

I have always wanted to fish Lake Bridgeport and had the great pleasure of fishing with Larry (Rockhopper) yesterday afternoon. He showed me around the lake and we ended up catching a lof of crappie. Larry ended up taking 11 home and once he had what he wanted, we threw everthing else back. All fish caught on jigs. Larry used jigs that he tied himself and they looked very cool and caught fish. I used Jigum Jigs and LFT baby shad in chart. and also clear. I was very impressed with the lake and I think it would make a great place to have a CAT tournament. Thanks for a great trip Larry.

CW

Larry with a nice one.

Me with a nice one.

Lake Bridgeport sunset.

Posted By: walbananut

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/14/11 11:34 PM

Looks great! Where abouts were you fishing? Russell
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/15/11 12:17 AM

Good job guys. I like that lake. Back in the late 80's and 90's we used to fish there when we lived in Wise County.
Posted By: rockhopper

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/15/11 01:06 AM

If you dont have electronics on the console, just take Chris with you. All you have to do is get close and he'll find em for ya.

BTW Chris, I found out after we got back last night that my 898 had come in the mail. Wohoo!

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/15/11 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: rockhopper
If you dont have electronics on the console, just take Chris with you. All you have to do is get close and he'll find em for ya.

BTW Chris, I found out after we got back last night that my 898 had come in the mail. Wohoo!

You are going to love the side imaging.

CW
Posted By: jparadise

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/15/11 01:34 AM

I am fortunate that I only live minutes from the lake. Good to see the crappie were active.
Posted By: Bottom_Bouncer

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/15/11 11:03 PM

Nice Catch!
Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/15/11 11:16 PM

Way to go ya'll
Glad to see your investigating some new fishing holes Chris...
If we get some water you need to come to Cedar Creek...
Matthew

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/15/11 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Matthew Carroll
Way to go ya'll
Glad to see your investigating some new fishing holes Chris...
If we get some water you need to come to Cedar Creek...
Matthew

Lucy and I are going to come down tbere this fall.

CW
Posted By: Machine

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/16/11 10:58 AM

a friend of mine works for Tarr county water , I have hunted and stayed there many times , never fished , very low water this year he says
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/16/11 04:21 PM

Contrats on your day Chris and Rockhopper! I hope to fish Bridgeport someday soon.
Posted By: BassinKansan

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/18/11 05:59 AM

"..............I was very impressed with the lake and I think it would make a great place to have a CAT tournament. Thanks for a great trip Larry."

As a faithful CAT member and Fort Worth resident who has traveled to many CAT tourneys North, South and East of DFW, I would think it's time we expand our tournament region to include at least one lake WEST of the metroplex. Believe it or not, there's still water in the Wild West. I think Bridgeport would be an excellent first choice.
Posted By: kelso

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/18/11 07:19 PM

Nice catch. Wish I was there.
Posted By: rockhopper

Re: Rockhopper Shows me around Lake Bridgeport - 08/19/11 03:00 AM

Originally Posted By: BassinKansan
"..............I was very impressed with the lake and I think it would make a great place to have a CAT tournament. Thanks for a great trip Larry."

As a faithful CAT member and Fort Worth resident who has traveled to many CAT tourneys North, South and East of DFW, I would think it's time we expand our tournament region to include at least one lake WEST of the metroplex. Believe it or not, there's still water in the Wild West. I think Bridgeport would be an excellent first choice.

I rest my case. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum