Texas Fishing Forum

$100 - please help me spend it

Posted By: reelin-em-in

$100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 12:57 AM

I am setting aside $100 for some new fishing stuff and would like to know how you fellas would spend it if you were me. Thanks for the input.
Posted By: BobGlen

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 02:12 AM

The key is to expand on what you alreaady have.

Get a fishing catalog, and do like when you where a kid
and draw circles around all the stuff you want
smile
Posted By: Double Digit Fishin

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 02:24 AM

First buy five $20 scratch off's then see what's left you never know you could have more toys
Posted By: gene cordell

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 02:45 AM

i would spend 100.00 like i was just basically starting out. buy one nice light spinning outfit with a 7 to 8 foot rod. this i can do for 30.00-35.00. buy some 6 lb line 5.00. spend the other 60.00 or so on an assortment of jigs, bobbers, slips for bobbers, 2inch shad assassins and whatever else to get a few caught.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 02:52 AM

Start here.

http://finnytribe.com/
Posted By: u-luckydawg

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish Eater
First buy five $20 scratch off's then see what's left you never know you could have more toys

Thats also a quick way to loose $20 . I sure hope your luck have been better than mine . You could go to Academy spend $10 and get 1000 different sizes colors jigs and Jig-head from (Bill). thumb
Posted By: northtexascrappiehunter

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: u-luckydawg
Originally Posted By: Fish Eater

Thats also a quick way to loose $20 . I sure hope your luck have been better than mine . You could go to Academy spend $10 and get 1000 different sizes colors jigs and Jig-head from (Bill). thumb

all sold out in lewisville was there today just for that reason.

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: tommy2268

Thanks! I'm putting the 8ft. cork Pro Angler Rod, which I've heard good things about, on the list. That's only $35 gone. Now to spend the other $55 hmmm
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 04:55 AM

Originally Posted By: reelin-em-in

Thanks! I'm putting the 8ft. cork Pro Angler Rod, which I've heard good things about, on the list. That's only $35 gone. Now to spend the other $75 hmmm

$35 + $75 = $100 hmmm

I still have a few more accounting classes to go, but I think you may only have $65 more to go....LOL....sorry had to do it
Posted By: tightlines24

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 05:22 AM

Thats just funny? My accountant wife loved it too. Obviously he works for our government!
Posted By: ant inthis

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 05:46 AM

Originally Posted By: jsplinter

Thanks! I'm putting the 8ft. cork Pro Angler Rod, which I've heard good things about, on the list. That's only $35 gone. Now to spend the other $75 hmmm

$35 + $75 = $100 hmmm

I still have a few more accounting classes to go, but I think you may only have $65 more to go....LOL....sorry had to do it

Hate to say that was pretty funny for a moment. Stay in school. LOL
Posted By: jsplinter

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 05:50 AM

Ant inthis,

Is the joke really that hard to understand?

Originally Posted By: tightlines24
Thats just funny? My accountant wife loved it too. Obviously he works for our government!

next time I will try and dumb the joke down a little for you and your non government working wife so that maybe you both can keep up
Posted By: brent1

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 11:00 AM

Thanks! I'm putting the 8ft. cork Pro Angler Rod, which I've heard good things about, on the list. That's only $35 gone. Now to spend the other $55 hmmm

Try again. grin
Just messin with ya. Good choice with the rod.

Ps
Splinter gave you the correct answer a few post up
Posted By: Fillet O' Crappie

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 12:12 PM

Math tutor may be needed but outside that, you getting a new pole, get a new reel for it. Go baitcast style if you are into vertical jigging. That's another $30 right there. Then get some Rocky Tops form Finny Tribe and some jigheads too and bam you got yourself a tournament winning combo right there.
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 01:44 PM

We kind of need to know what you have, what you are in the market for, and what types of fishing you do...then we can give better opinions of what we would spend that $100 on.
Posted By: lowew79

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 01:49 PM

Maybe treat yourself to a guided fishing trip, somewhere you arent used to going. They probbably costs more than 100 dollars though...

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 03:37 PM

Duckjerky,
I have a lot of jigs(plastics), a 5'6" eagle claw ultra lite with a small shakespare spinnin reel, a 7' zebco medium with a cheaper than dirt pushbutton that i hate and another couple of cheap zebcos. i'm in the market for a new rod & reel, some hand tied jigs close to frisco, a good 6# line and whatever else i can get. crappie fishing only.

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 03:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Fillet O' Crappie
Math tutor may be needed but outside that, you getting a new pole, get a new reel for it. Go baitcast style if you are into vertical jigging. That's another $30 right there. Then get some Rocky Tops form Finny Tribe and some jigheads too and bam you got yourself a tournament winning combo right there.

Thanks! What's a good inexpensive baitcast brand?
Posted By: whitneylakerat

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 03:52 PM

Check out the Shakespeare synergy I believe that jay don has at finny tribe. It is right around $21
Posted By: crappie-mark

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 04:07 PM

i put an abu cardinal on a 7' berkley cherrywood from walmart for pretty cheap. check them out. good setup, but might set you back $50-60.
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 04:51 PM

Duckjerky,
I have a lot of jigs(plastics), a 5'6" eagle claw ultra lite with a small shakespare spinnin reel, a 7' zebco medium with a cheaper than dirt pushbutton that i hate and another couple of cheap zebcos. i'm in the market for a new rod & reel, some hand tied jigs close to frisco, a good 6# line and whatever else i can get. crappie fishing only.

Well, sounds like you have plenty of baits, and a good smaller-sized rod/reel combo, and a working 7' rod/reel that you'd like to replace.

Everything you are looking to purchase you could get straight from www.FinnyTribe.com and it will be on your doorstep very quickly. I'd recommend a 7.5'-9' B'n'M rod...FinnyTribe carries the 7.5' Crappie Wizard on sale now for $31.79, or the 9' Sam Heaton Super Sensitive on sale now for $39.32. That is a terrific price on both of those rods. Match it up with a $20-$25 spinning reel and you will be way ahead of the equipment you are currently using. I personally have used the above mentioned rods all over the country for the past 7 years, and I think you will be very pleased with them.

As far as line, they sell the Vicious 6-pound Hi-Vis line for 9.99 a spool.

That rod/ree/line combo will put you up around $75, and still leave you a little cash to fill out the rest of your needs like jigs/hooks/other terminal tackle...or whatever else you may need.

Hope this helps.
Posted By: taking5kidsfishing

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 05:21 PM

If I had $100 bucks (not a chance with 5 kids), and considering what you already have....I would load up the truck or car and spend the C-note on gas and a campsite at a place you have never fished but always wanted to. Try a new place and build your memory bank. Take your spouse, kids, or a good buddy with and have a blast. It's always great to try a new place.
Posted By: Martin Lee O.

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/26/11 09:34 PM

Drive to my house and Ill help you
Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/27/11 02:15 AM

Jigum Jigs $4.95 a six pack... You pick the color combos or I can suggest a few ....

ELECTRIC CHICKEN
ROSEY RED
GRASSHOPPER
GREEN APPLE PIE
FOOLS GOLD

Just a few suggestions....
Thanks,
Matthew

Re: $100 - please help me spend it - 05/28/11 04:38 AM

Thanks everybody!

I might have to take you up on that offer Matthew. I was about to go with some hand-tied for $6 per 6pk. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pm you when I get some time.

Ya'll take care!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum