Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie Fishing line

Posted By: Bald1

Crappie Fishing line - 09/30/03 05:45 PM

Was out last week and seemed most all the fish hit the jig from the bottom up. The only way I could see the bite was the line going slack.

I've seen where some of you guys use an orange line for visibility. I beleive this is the trick especially on windy days. Do you use the orange all the way to the the hook or spice it?

Any particular brand of line.

thanks

Bald1
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Crappie Fishing line - 09/30/03 06:03 PM

I use Hi-Viz Mr. Crappie line from Bass Pro. It is 6 lb. and cheap $$$. It is strong line to. It is yellow. I have never seen orange. Yes I tie directly to the jig.

------------------
David

"Git-R-Done"
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Crappie Fishing line - 09/30/03 09:22 PM

Mr. Crappie hi-vis line is what a lot of us use, and we tie directly to it (no splice). The line that you're probably talking about is Stean Gold. It's also a good line, but considerably more expensive. Don't be afraid of the line color, cause the crappie don't care.

------------------
Good fishin',
Guy Skinner
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Crappie Fishing line - 09/30/03 09:25 PM

ME TOO, MR CRAPPIE HIGH VIZ (YELLOW) 6# USUALLY. MOST OF OUR BITES LATELY HAVE BEEN SEEN NOT FELT.

------------------
GOOD FISHING.

ERNEST
"I LIVE FOR THE THUMP"

Re: Crappie Fishing line - 09/30/03 10:09 PM

thanks guys
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Crappie Fishing line - 10/01/03 02:01 AM

I also use Wally's High Viz 6# and I love it. We don't have any water clear enough around here to worry about line color.
Learn to feel with your eyes and you will catch alot more fish!

Jerry www.JerryHancockOutdoors.com www.AdvantageMarineUSA.com
Posted By: MarkA

Re: Crappie Fishing line - 10/01/03 02:21 AM

Blad: That's the famous Lift Bite. That's one reason I use a slip bobber that is weighted to be very senestive! By that I mean, enough weight to barely float the bobber, add split about 1 foot above jig. If you see it 'Lift' set the hook. Caught several at Alan Henry couple weeks ago on the Lift!

------------------
Thanks and Gig'em, Mark Fairchild

Re: Crappie Fishing line - 10/01/03 01:06 PM

Thanks for the bobber suggestion MakrA. I'll have to try it. Yall have confirmed what I already beleived. Color only matters to the guy fishing - to be able to see it is a must.

thanks again
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum