Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Ray Hubbard Help

Posted By: ofcrpaul

Lake Ray Hubbard Help - 04/16/03 04:23 PM

My Father in Law is coming in town Easter weekend and if the weather cooperates, I was going to take him Crappie Fishing. I haven't fished Hubbard in years. Anyone have any ideas where to find the crappie? In the past I had pretty good luck under the 66 bridge and around Miller Rd.
Posted By: FishinAg

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Help - 04/16/03 06:56 PM

I live just about 2 blocks from the lake in Rowlett, but have only fished it twice. I have heard the the old train bridge is a good place to start. If your on the west bridge over 66 and look south, its the bridge you see. The rail line crosses Miller road just west of Chiesa. Wish I could be more helpful. Good luck and let me know how you do.
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Help - 04/16/03 10:09 PM

Cattails around the golf course are always good. Find a cove and get shallow.

Jerry www.AdvantageMarineUsa.com
Posted By: Bug-A-Bass

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Help - 04/16/03 11:09 PM

As jerry said try the Cattails around the golf course are always good. The shallow water of 2 to 6 feet is where you will find the this time of the year.

------------------
Fish On Gota Run !!
Greg
Bug-A-Bass
Striper & Catfish Guide Service
http://www.bugabass.com
Posted By: Mike Cason

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Help - 04/17/03 12:40 AM

if you put in @ hwy 66 in rockwall and head towards the ledt away from 66 you will hit the golf course and some cat tails,

good luck

Mike Cason
Posted By: ofcrpaul

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Help - 04/17/03 06:29 PM

Thanks, I will hit those spots if these thunderstorms hold off
Posted By: MR. Float tube

Re: Lake Ray Hubbard Help - 04/17/03 06:46 PM

IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO GET THE BOAT OUT DRIVE YOUR CAR TO THE GOLF COURSE AND WALK PAST THE DRIVING RANGE AND FISH THE CREEK THERE THAT HAS THE BRIDGE GOING OVER IT. MAY GET ASKED TO LEAVE BUT IT IS A VERY GOOD SPOT. I HAVE FISHED THERE A COUPLE TIMES WITH OUT A BOAT AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum