Texas Fishing Forum

Crawfish as Crappie Bait???

Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 03/28/03 05:51 PM

Wonder if crappie would tear into small crawfish? I am thinking yes! What are your thoughts?

------------------
Gig 'Em, Aggie class of '94.

Posted By: flaggert

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 03/28/03 07:18 PM

Had this same conversation with a buddy of mine two days ago. I think they would put as many as they could in their belly and have the one more hanging out their mouth waiting for more room below!
Posted By: HTDUCK

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 03/28/03 07:33 PM

I don't know,but I've got a whole bag of jig bodies that look like little crawbugs.Black bodies with chartruese claws........
we'll have to give 'em a whirl here next week.
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 03/29/03 01:02 AM

Long before there was a limit on Crappie we cleaned 348 Crappie we caught in 1 nite on Wilson Creek. We caught everyone on small Crawfish.

Jerry www.AdvantageMarineUSA.com
Posted By: big fish

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 04/02/03 12:25 AM

Jerry,

If you don't mind me asking, how did you hook the darn thing? I tried hooking them in the back on their shell, but seem to lose it on every other cast.

Thanks,
James
Posted By: Jerry

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 04/02/03 01:16 AM

Go in under the tail. Start at the end of the tail and come out just before the body. They will stay on then. Just like you would worm on a Shrimp.

Jerry www.AdvantageMarineUSA.com
Posted By: Steve-O

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 04/02/03 02:30 PM

Where did you get 348 crawfish? Seign for them or use artificial?
Posted By: Sharon Hill

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 04/02/03 03:12 PM

CT's on hwy 78 have them from time to time, some baitshops around Ray Hubbard carry them(don't know exactly who) and right now you can get them at Fista Grocery Stores for I think 1.39 a lb. Sharon
Posted By: WEEBS

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 04/02/03 05:28 PM

Mud bugs (small crawfish) will consistently catch any species of freshwater fish.
They are like Milk Duds or hot buttered popcorn to fish.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Crawfish as Crappie Bait??? - 04/03/03 05:09 PM

I have a whole bag of small crawdad bodies....all black. I dip the pinchers in chartruse dye until they are bright yellow. I put them on a 1/16 oz jig, and hang on. Mostly fish them in the middle of the spawn and at post-spawn.

Good fishin'
"aguyintx"
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum