Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon Crappie Picture...

Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/27/03 08:08 PM

Here's a picture of me and HTDuck with a nice catch from Lavon night-fishing...minnows.

------------------
Gig 'Em, Aggie class of '94.

[This message has been edited by Duck_Jerky (edited 03-27-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Duck_Jerky (edited 03-27-2003).]
Posted By: HTDUCK

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/27/03 08:12 PM

Yep,and I'm ready to do it again.If the weather will just co-operate!
Posted By: Sharon Hill

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/27/03 08:45 PM

Hey Duck_ Men that looks really encouraging. I'll be the first to ask, Where?
Sharon

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/27/03 09:30 PM

I don't mind giving this one out, since so many people fish there. We caught them at Mallard Park area in about 18" of water along the bank.

------------------

Posted By: aerialgerm

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/29/03 10:08 AM

Looks like ya'll did pretty good that day too bad ya'll just amatures looks like I am gonna have to come on down after I am feelin better to teach ya'll to catch the limit. Ha Ha Ha. So how many did Cookie catch or was he just standing there to look important. Kinda surprised the pic came out. Well talk at ya'll later. Gonzo
Posted By: shawn

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/29/03 01:58 PM

Great catch! Congrats.

------------------

Posted By: seanf

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/29/03 07:50 PM

Duck Jerky

If you don't mind me asking, how late did you guys fish? I don't fish much at night,but it sounds like a great time to go.
Posted By: HTDUCK

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/31/03 02:11 PM

Sean,we fished from about 7 pm until around 10:30 or 11:00 that night.We caught most of those fish between 8 and 9 that evening.

With the weather forecast for this week,I'll be out there after 'em at least one maybe two nights this week.
Good luck
HTDuck
Posted By: swing

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/31/03 10:06 PM

dj & ht, nice haul there, have they met the grease yet?

[This message has been edited by swing (edited 03-31-2003).]

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/31/03 10:13 PM

Swing,

Mine are still in the freezer. Mama is not eating fish until the baby arrives, so will have to wait a little longer.

------------------

Posted By: shawn

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 03/31/03 11:26 PM

So duck jerky,
when is your wife due. We recently found out that my wife is pregnant also. I never knew pregnant women can not eat fish from local fisheries (or lease much of them)...ours is due oct 21st....which means I get one more summer season...then I'm sure my trips will be cut down significantly! Good luck!

------------------

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 04/01/03 02:51 PM

Shawn,

We are due June 24th. Everything has been really smooth so far. Looking forward to the big day. Should still leave me some time to mop up on the sandies at the PP on Lavon before the boy shows up.

------------------

Posted By: Catfish_fear_me

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 04/02/03 04:22 AM

Hey DuckMan,

Mop up on the sandies at PP.???? Where are you talking about? I thought the spawn for sandies was over. Help me out a little.

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 04/02/03 02:28 PM

Posted By: anyfishwilldo

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 04/02/03 03:28 PM

PP - Power plant, June - they are every where here, usually small but lot's of fun.
Posted By: jlmize

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 04/03/03 03:54 AM

My Family and I went to Lake Bardwell in Ennis. And from 8:30pm to 11:00 we caught 82 sandies and they were all keepers. This was before the cool front. We went this past Sunday and only caught four. We caught all of these in about 16-20 foot of water. We used about 9 dozen minnows. We tried jigs but to slow. I think after it warms up a bit sandies and crappie will be easy to catch.

Johnnie
Posted By: Sharon Hill

Re: Lavon Crappie Picture... - 04/03/03 11:09 AM

OHHHH, You ain't seen nuttin yet! The PP will soon be alive. This is the one time of the year I run into Durk_Jerky and Shawn out on the lake cause we are all in the same location.

Shawn Congratulations guy, that is great. Our TFF Family is growing!!
Sharon
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum