Texas Fishing Forum

FORK THIS WEEK

Posted By: Sharon Hill

FORK THIS WEEK - 03/18/03 04:48 PM

I will be on Fork Friday somewhere, anyone going this week please give us a report. I know they have been deep, but with warm weather where or would they still be at the bridges. 514 is a shallower bridge, has anyone fished it lately? Sharon
Posted By: Crash8005

Re: FORK THIS WEEK - 03/18/03 06:32 PM

Hey Sharon,

I was out there this past weekend and they were catching plenty of crappie under the 515 and 2954. A.M. was the key they wouldn't bite after 11:00. Minnows were also the bait of choice. Hope that helps.

Crash
Posted By: DannyB

Re: FORK THIS WEEK - 03/18/03 07:05 PM

I have fished all over Fork in the past few weeks with very little success under the bridges. Someone we know has done well early in the morning under the Birch Creek bridge. Due to the extremely high number of rude bass fishermen running 80 MPH up and down the lake while ignoring the NO WAKE signs at the bridges we went to Cooper lake the past two days. We caught fish in one to two feet of water in the creeks. We didn't catch many. But we saw a lot of fish some people brought in from the creeks. One really strange thing we saw and experienced was Sunday eve. right at the John's Creek loading ramp many people caught a lot of fish in one to two feet of water using jigs or minnows with corks set one feet deep. We tried the ramp again yesterday before and after going on the lake with no success.
Good Luck,

------------------
DB
Posted By: lcschroeder

Re: FORK THIS WEEK - 03/18/03 07:11 PM

My 2 brothers, 2 nephews and I fished from about 2:00 to 4:30 under the 515 East bridge and caught only 5 and only 1 was a keeper. Some people are catching big crappie in some coves in shallow water but not many.
Posted By: Doglips

Re: FORK THIS WEEK - 03/19/03 12:12 AM

Last weekend The fish were hitting at 35+ under the bridges early morning up untill 1000-1100am
Lots under the 154.
Caught a lot after 700pm up in the back creeks close to the 2954 bridge in 6 foot of water /pink/blue jigs did very well
Posted By: bella

Re: FORK THIS WEEK - 03/19/03 12:49 AM

We are going down thurs. till tues. We are going to start at 2946 then north of rainswood.
Posted By: lcschroeder

Re: FORK THIS WEEK - 03/21/03 12:19 AM

Oops, in my earlier post I said we fished under the 515 bridge. It was really the 154 bridge.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum