Texas Fishing Forum

Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03

Posted By: redfinŽ

Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/22/03 08:52 PM

What a day on Cedar Creek with Ernest. Both John Varner and I took in a whole new way of crappie fishing with the Guru...deep open water jigging for these tasty morsels. From 7 a.m. until 11:30, it was non-stop crappie catching at its best.

We started out on the 334 bridge and caught many fish then ventured out on the lake about 8:15 to hit some deep water brush piles and it was a blast!

We did shoot some docks, not many but a few, however, a majority of the estimated 250+ fish we three caught were on the deep water brush/PVC structures. It was a great trip, Ernest and the company of these two gentlemen is always a blessing for me personally.

If you can get a guided trip scheduled with Ernest, do it now before he fills up! The crappie fishing on Cedar Creek is absolutely awesome!

Thanks again, Ernest, for giving us another lesson in the fine art of crappie fishing!

------------------

[This message has been edited by redfin (edited 06-22-2003).]
Posted By: Ray Hubbard Guide- J.V.

Re: Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/22/03 09:15 PM

Once again had the days of days, we fished everywere.....The deep water was something really new and differnt, had a great time as usual....Ernest ,thanks again, Big Jim, fun always...If you ever need a crappie Guide on CC just shoot Ernest an e-mail, he will take care of you...

------------------
[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TQDdAhwXe4603f7!JIHw!ljdXcj3HNmh0*lZV8bFDh!gMqmSrY*u8Ug8tJp!hckvvSJq3rRmzBqaju!NXd!ywSMjLhlLU92eEVC6BNbCmgubCo2Byp0neg/second-sig.gif?[/img]
Posted By: Sharon Hill

Re: Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/23/03 12:34 AM

Hey guys, I get to go with the guru on Thursday, hope I have as much luck as yall did. I'm going to learn as much as I can though, so I know already my trip will be a success. Sharon
Posted By: David Lee

Re: Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/23/03 01:08 AM

I guys Ernest did not lose his touch in Florida.

Sharon you will learn and catch alot. Good Luck and post how you do.

------------------
David

Re: Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/23/03 01:15 AM

Sharon,

Ernest is a hoot to fish with for sure. You will probably follow the same pattern we fished today...the bridge early, then open water brush/condo set-ups. I love the open water fishing better than the dock fishing.

It really helps to have a graph that shows exactly what's under you. His X-85 is super; I missed a bunch of fish just trying to watch it!

You'll have a blast and catch a lot of fish.

Re: Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/23/03 02:12 AM

Sharon, He mentioned you and the hubby going with him next week, You will have fun.
Posted By: Sandwich Maker

Re: Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/23/03 02:24 AM

You East Texas folks seem to be missing something here. In one of his menus for prices, Ernest said $25 for fish cleaning. Awful nice of him to pay that much to bait his private catfish hole!!

P.S. Ernest, save a few, I'm coming back as soon as Wally gets through with the Classic.

Re: Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/23/03 11:00 PM

TRUST ME , ERNEST never had to touch a knife He worked to hard puttin us on the fish

Re: Thanks, Ernest for the CC fishing on 6-22-03 - 06/24/03 01:50 AM

We put the scraps in the water at his dock too fast for him to react...all he could manage was a couple, three 14-15 inch cats. The big ones had already come in, chowed down, an' went night-night before he could get baited up...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum