Texas Fishing Forum

new to this

Posted By: crappiegogetem

new to this - 02/15/10 03:39 AM

I am new to fort worth looking for some good places to go crappie fishing.I am also looking to meet some new fishing friends. thanks nate
Posted By: marktx

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 05:22 AM

Welcome aboard.
Im not familar with ft worth areas but right now just about any creek coming into your local lakes should hold crappie right now. Just look for the deeper holes and scout around for them. Sharp bends in the creeks is normally some of your deeper areas. Also look for log jams and such in the creeks. Some lakes have marinas that you can fish off as well and most have brush dropped around it specifically for crappie fishing. Im sure others will chime in on places in your area. Im in Dallas so i stay over this way for most of my crappie fishing.

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 05:51 AM

Hey thinks man i go to dallas sometimes i just want to learn and catch some fish if i have to i will go to dallas lol thanks for takeing the time to reply thanks nate
Posted By: bikeman

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 05:54 AM

I have an open seat quite often. If your looking for bank fishing, Weatherford has a decent barge for a $5 entry fee. Also Benbrook has one, but I have never been in it.
Posted By: lakesteak123

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 06:00 AM

pm sent. welcome aboard THE FORUM! you will find that these threads can be very helpful!
Posted By: crappiecrzy

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 06:15 AM

WELCOME Nate laugh
Posted By: OldFrog

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 08:23 AM

Welcome to TFF.

If you want to catch some big crappie, look up Chuck Rollins ( a guide) who advertises here or Earnest Paty, who sells a very good video about crappie on this site. Both fish Cedar Creek lake...and probably others too. EP's video is great.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 02:28 PM

Just get you some equipment and get after them. Between Cabella's, Walmart and Academy you should be able to find everything you need. Seems finding someone to fish with here is not a impossible task. Many folks offer open seats for anyone who wants to wet a hook. I'm getting back in the swing of things after being gone along time. Spring is approaching and it is the best time to catch some crappies without a boat.

Reggie
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 02:56 PM

welcome aboard crappiegogetem
you can lean a lot here
Posted By: Hay175

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 03:15 PM

welcome aboard.... welcome
Posted By: QBPOP

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 04:02 PM

Welcome aboard! Looking to try the Nolan River in Cleburne just off of Lake Pat Cleburne. I'll let you know.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 04:05 PM

Welcome to the TFF!

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 04:23 PM

I have been to the painted rock in down there on the brazos river. I did good in march of last year.I am not sure how to get to the nolan river.
Posted By: QBPOP

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 08:47 PM

Just off of hwy 67 in Cleburne right near Walls Regional Hospital. The Nolan river runs through Buddy Stewart Park. Good luck!

Re: new to this - 02/15/10 10:55 PM

nks went to benbrook and I did not even get a bite. Can anyone help me. I have a boat looking for someone to go with me are me go with someone.LOOKING to learn more.
Posted By: Kerry Dugan

Re: new to this - 02/16/10 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: crappiegogetem
nks went to benbrook and I did not even get a bite. Can anyone help me. I have a boat looking for someone to go with me are me go with someone.LOOKING to learn more.

Benbrook is slow right now, with the water level back and forth makes it even tougher, Gonna a be a few more weeks ( if not longer) before it starts to pick up.
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: new to this - 02/16/10 03:35 AM

Definately get the Crappie 101 dvd from Ernest Paty, its the best, Paul Obiers standing timber video is also great.

Re: new to this - 02/16/10 04:14 AM

How can I get it
Posted By: SLABmeSILLY

Re: new to this - 02/16/10 04:37 AM

Welcome to TFF crappiehood!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum