Texas Fishing Forum

3ft high and rising

Posted By: dwmoore

3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 07:03 PM

Anybody else gettin any rain ?Got my boat tied down so it dont float off the trailer.Ha Darrell
Posted By: leanin post

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 07:54 PM

LET IT RAIN!!!!!!

Posted By: BigMack

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 08:00 PM

Grapevine is getting close to the back porch.
4ft over

Up the street at Lewisville is over by 2

Wow Waco and Belton is up to 9ft over.
Holy Quacamole.
flame
Posted By: deucer02

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 08:15 PM

Looks like we're gonna get enough rain to wash out a lot of streams and rivers, put a lot of food in the lakes, and have a heckuva spring fishing season. I can hardly wait. Big fat crappie in one foot of water, Aaaaahhhhhhhh, bring it on.
Time to clean up those rods and reels, reline, and stock up on the vital necessities, hooks, jigs, and vienna sausages.
Posted By: Onewolf

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 08:21 PM

It's been raining here non-stop in Garland since 2:30 pm Wednesday. crazy Ray Hubbard is on the rise. I had cement the Crappie condos I'm making in the garage last night. smile Got 4 done. Stay true to the Thump!!, Onewolf.
Posted By: keyboard

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 08:39 PM

Boat dock underwater at Tawak. Roof still showing though.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 09:04 PM

Way too much rain lately. Stop raining! The forcast show the same if not more rain next week and maybe even some snow. bang
Posted By: TeamHillbilly

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 09:08 PM

yep it's raining and cold here,just a crappy day again
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 09:44 PM

Never turn down a rain or a heifer calf!

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 09:45 PM

Still raining here just saw 2 catfish with life jackets on swimming down the street.Creeks are out and got the hogs pushed out just shot two big sows there were 18 baby pigs with them they scattered like a covey of quail.Darrell
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 09:48 PM

Yeah, this rain sucks. It makes traffic horrendous each day and fishing Grapevine is like fishing the ocean with how deep it is. My spawning docks are sitting in 20+ feet of water.

Wonder why Texoma hasn't gone up?
Posted By: Keith Stone!

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76

Simply because Oklahoma sucks so much.

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 09:54 PM

I know what you mean Stucky the power went off here an hour ago and the blinking red light on main street quit working 2 wagons and 8 horses had a major pile up.The wagon ruts are gettin deep here.LOL Darrell

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Never turn down a rain or a heifer calf!

I'm sure you feel the same about sheep too.
eeks
rolfmao farmer

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Greg_G
Originally Posted By: Stucky76

Simply because Oklahoma sucks so much.

rolfmao

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: dwmoore
I know what you mean Stucky the power went off here an hour ago and the blinking red light on main street quit working 2 wagons and 8 horses had a major pile up.The wagon ruts are gettin deep here.LOL Darrell

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao

Dang Darrell! Sounds like you livin' a fast pace life down there! flag
Posted By: crappie_hook

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 10:36 PM

i just hope it settles down before the lavon tourny.. i have new brush soaking, but im afraid the water will be so muddy they wont be able to find it..lol. ya right.
Posted By: neverquit

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 10:39 PM

Glad to see some laughter shining through them gloom and darkness.
Posted By: Big Possum

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/04/10 11:19 PM

glub glub
Posted By: Keith Speer

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 01:07 AM

Last nite and today got 3.5" of rain and still coming down... Navarro Mills is 4.57' high and all creeks running and they got gates open.... flush
Hope the lake is down to normal by March 1.....
Let the games begin.... banana
Darrell: got somemore structures built.... plenty of material, just need some decent weather to get it all together and in the water...
My prediction is this spring is going to be a record setter... woot

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: crappie_hook
i just hope it settles down before the lavon tourny.. i have new brush soaking, but im afraid the water will be so muddy they wont be able to find it..lol. ya right.

We're heading over there Sat for a little prefishing. We'll check your fresh brush out for ya. It's been almost a year since I was there last and Bill Carr and I caught some really nice ones then.
I told Mike that we'll be lucky if we're not fishing in sleet & snow come tourney day.
thumb
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 02:18 AM

DW If I get jacked out of spring fishing like we did in the fall because of this rain, Im gonna cut somebody!

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 02:32 AM

Blake I aint going to let that happen to you this yr.I will keep the truck full of diesel and we will stay on the road till
we find some lake we can fish.Might be fun.Road trip.Ha

PA 0 Croix 5
Posted By: Bud B

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 02:53 AM

I wonder if anything southwest of the metroplex is anything but chocolate milk right now. Anyone seen Granbury, Whitney, or the Brazos in between this week?
Posted By: Martin Ping

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 03:19 AM

Blake I aint going to let that happen to you this yr.I will keep the truck full of diesel and we will stay on the road till

PA 0 Croix 5

The Croix made a little move there...
Posted By: Sataro

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 04:37 AM

Rain everywhere. Took backroads up to Avalon on the way to Roanoke. Water running off everywhere. It sure was a wet day to go buy a boat & trailer it home. But I've seen too many boats gone the next day if you don't purchase it when you see it. Gravel about gone in the driveway & so much water in yard, thought I was going to get stuck just trying to park the boat.
Posted By: Big Billy Kinder

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 05:16 AM

I like that!!

Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 07:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Martin Ping

PA 0 Croix 5

The Croix made a little move there...

rolfmao
Posted By: Sac-lait-Pat

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 09:24 AM

PA 0 Croix 5

You think you might be up for a road trip, DW check out Sac A lait Masters on You tube it look like fun.
Posted By: TeamHillbilly

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 11:21 AM

PA 0 Croix 5

so your head to the South Carolina now hummmmmmmmmmm
Posted By: craigo

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/05/10 02:24 PM

granbury is muddy on the far upper end but clear at the 377 bridge. I'd say only the upper 25% is muddy. We haven't had but about an inch down this way since last week.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/06/10 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Bud B
I wonder if anything southwest of the metroplex is anything but chocolate milk right now. Anyone seen Granbury, Whitney, or the Brazos in between this week?

The Brazos is rolling below Waco, you could take a 30ft boat out on the river down to the Falls on the Brazos. scared
Posted By: Bud B

Re: 3ft high and rising - 02/06/10 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: craigo
granbury is muddy on the far upper end but clear at the 377 bridge. I'd say only the upper 25% is muddy. We haven't had but about an inch down this way since last week.

Thanks, craigo. Now that I've moved to Crowley, that lake is close enough that I need to learn it better. Maybe I'll do some scouting on the lower end tomorrow.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum