Texas Fishing Forum

Are the crappie still spawning on Ray Roberts

Posted By: Cane Pole

Are the crappie still spawning on Ray Roberts - 04/22/03 02:21 AM

Is the Spawn Still ON at Ray Roberts. Plan on a family reunion at the lake this weekend and was wondering if and where the spawn or remainder of one would be happening? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: sixtrng

Re: Are the crappie still spawning on Ray Roberts - 04/22/03 02:31 AM

I think we were wondering the same thing at almost the same time. Check out my post asking the same question. Hopefully one of the many who fished Ray over the weekend will provide some tips.
Posted By: FishinAg

Re: Are the crappie still spawning on Ray Roberts - 04/22/03 01:25 PM

Fished 4/21/03. Caught a few nice crappie in about 5' of water, until a storm built out west and blocked out the sun. In my opinion, they have not spawned yet throughout much of the lake. I would look for them to be very shallow over the weekend or early next week. Today and tomorrows rain and cooler weather may slow them down a day or two. With forecast highs in the low 80s the remainder of the week and over the weekend, it should get them into really shallow water. I could be wrong, but I have not found them in what I call shallow water (2') anywhere on the lake yet.

Now I will present a public service message: The speed limit on FM 922 between Mountain Springs and Tioga is 55. Just a reminder. (Got my reminder last night.) I prefer to think of it as a driving award.

Re: Are the crappie still spawning on Ray Roberts - 04/22/03 01:30 PM

Oh yeah, read Ernest's post on Raybob. It has good info.
Posted By: bassdaddy

Re: Are the crappie still spawning on Ray Roberts - 04/22/03 08:47 PM

Hey FishinAg,
" Now I will present a public service message: The speed limit on FM 922 between Mountain Springs and Tioga is 55. Just a reminder. (Got my reminder last night.) I prefer to think of it as a driving award. "

FYI It's 55 from Mountain Springs to I35 as well. DPS & County Sheriff are very fond of that stretch of road.

Re: Are the crappie still spawning on Ray Roberts - 04/23/03 02:51 PM

Bassdaddy...Dont know why they cant just leave me alone;} Gotta pick on a poor ol fisherman instead of running the Interstate, pulling over those 90+mph drivers. You can bet in the future the old cruise control will be set. To be plain honest, he got me at 69 in a 55. But didnt ticket me for that....He ticketed me for not changing the address on my DL after having moved 2 1/2 years ago. Wish I had an excuse other than laziness. I harrassed my wife for 6 months, until she had hers changed. Needless to say, I caught flack when I got home.
Posted By: bassdaddy

Re: Are the crappie still spawning on Ray Roberts - 04/24/03 02:32 AM

FishinAg
You just reminded of something I need to do. I've have'nt changed mine yet. Been out here a year now. I've been ????? Don't wanna jinx myself.
I run up and down 922 quite a bit. Sometimes you see them & sometimes you don't. Majority of the time they are rollin.
Good Luck, Be Careful
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum