Texas Fishing Forum

Ray hubbard crappie?

Posted By: Jwisel

Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 12:18 PM

Going to hubbard in the morning. We want to catch some crappie. Can anyone suggest some spots were we might see some action. Little brother is in town from colllege and wants to catch some crappie.
Posted By: Wylie Crappieman

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 01:13 PM

This question gets asked about once a week. I'd say, work the bridges on I-30.
Posted By: Outdoor Therapy

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 05:20 PM

PM Tarpon Fly.
Posted By: James Rains

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 08:47 PM

66 bridge should be producing pretty well but 30 on rockwall side has slowed down as it should till the real cold weather gets here. Timber in 8-12 foot of water has been producing for the lat month know.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 08:50 PM

come on freezing weather smile i am ready! thats the only time I can catch em smile
Posted By: nate king

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 09:05 PM

i caught about thirty keepers and about 10 or so short fish in two 1/2 hours on the I-30 rocks, from the first set of pillers all the way to the third set of pillers. but when you get to the second and third set of pillers, reel about 10 cranks off the bottom to get a bit.

hope this helps
Posted By: crappie fan

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 09:45 PM

Yeah the I30 bridges are by far the best this time of year. Like Nate said, start with the first set of pillars and work out from there.
Posted By: Pope1

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: R_Manning
come on freezing weather smile i am ready! thats the only time I can catch em smile

I have been waiting for the same thing. Time flies Ronnie. That was nearly a year ago already. Wow!
Posted By: nate king

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 11:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Pope1
Originally Posted By: R_Manning

I have been waiting for the same thing. Time flies Ronnie. That was nearly a year ago already. Wow!

well how did yall do that day?
Posted By: Pope1

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/08/09 11:19 PM

Smoked em.
Posted By: gtowncowboy

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/10/09 12:15 AM

take me take me, i spent my whole childhood crappie fishin that dirty marina del ray water. id love to come back and actually learn the lake i should know like the back of my hand but we never had a boat so we were only seasonaly bank/marina fisherman...very sad in retrospect
Posted By: crappie fan

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/12/09 02:27 AM

Hey G town, I used to fish over there all the time too. WHat is your name maybe I know you. If you want some good barge fishing in the area, Cliff opened a Marina Del Ray on Tawokoni and we have been tearing them up. I caught 25 in three hours on Saturday.
Posted By: gtowncowboy

Re: Ray hubbard crappie? - 10/12/09 03:28 PM

my name is raul and Francis taught me to jig and tie jigs when i was 8 years old over there at del ray...i will have to get out to tawokoni then and check out what cliff has goin on.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum