Texas Fishing Forum

WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES)

Posted By: Jigs4Life

WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:16 AM

WHAT A GOOD DAY AT BARDWELL IT WAS. ENDED UP PLAY HOOKIE FROM WORK CALLED MY BROTHER-N-LAW TOLD HIM TO CALL ME IF HE WAS GETTING OFF. WE WERE THERE @ 2PM OFF THE WATER BY 7PM. WE CAUGHT 25 AND ENDED UP WITH 18 KEEPERS. MOST OF THEM ON JIG4LIFE JIGS AND SOME ON MINNOW. THEY WERE HITTING ON BLK/PNK/CHART PNK/BLK/PNK AND ON MINNOWS. IT FELT GOOD THAT THEY WERE HITTING ON MY JIGS. (OH FORGOT THEY WHERE HITTING ON MY JIGS SPOONS) IN ABOUT 1 TO 3 FOOT OF WATER. I AM GLAD THAT WE WENT OUT TODAY. IN ONE HOLE WE CAUGHT 15 ALL IN ONE HOLE IN 45 MIN banana THATS THE FIRST FOR US banana HERE ARE SOME PIC.

MARC W/13.5 CRAPPIE CAUGHT ON JIGS4LIFE JIG SPOON. MINE OFF MINNOW

HERE'S OUR STRINGER, MARC HOLDING THE STRINGER

MINE W/NICE 2 CATCH AND MARC W/HIS SON

cheersALL I HAVE TO SAY IS "BUDDY I'M GLAD WE WENT AND GOT SOME PRODUCTIVETY OUT OF THAT LAKE." cheers
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:41 AM

Nice job guys! I wish I would of called off to today!

Congrats!
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:49 AM

nice catch
Posted By: catfish

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:50 AM

Excellent stringer. By the way, I hope you are immune to poison ivy.

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:52 AM

CAME CLOSE TO SHAVING MY BEARD. I SAID IF WE CAUGHT OUR LIMIT I WOULD SHAVE MY BEARD. I DON'T THING I WOULD HAVE. eeksIS THAT POISON IVE BEHIND MARC THERE????? eeks
Posted By: whiterockjesse

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:56 AM

nice looking fish yall , congrats marc ! im surpised no black crappie .ill post the ones from w/r lake tonight

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:58 AM

eeks OH THAT IS POISON IVE eeks I JUST GOOGLE IT AND IT IS. MARC I HOPE YOU ARE OKAY. MAN I'M SUN BURN FOR BEING OUT OF TOWN. AND I'M BEALING LIKE A SNAKE. BUT I FEEL FINE. I KNOW THOSE DON'T WASTE NO TIME GETTING UNDER YOUR SKIN.
Posted By: Capt. Michael Littlejohn

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:59 AM

Congrats Marc...I recongnized you in the picture.
Posted By: an_average_joe

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 01:35 AM

I was thinking the same thing on the poison ivy - I live on the south end of the lake and it's thick around here too - guess I need to learn to crappie fish, of course that would make working from home alot less productive...
Posted By: BigTex1959

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 01:39 AM

WTG Marc I did not go out today, but I caught 18 on Lake Waxahachie on Monday. Planning on going out early Friday, I have to be home in time for my sons wedding. I would go to Bardwell but my big boat wont go up in there.
Posted By: CrappieMaster

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 01:52 AM

Way to go guys!! That creek looks familiar only when I'm in there I'm not fishing. Keep up the good work.
CrappieMaster
Posted By: cellis

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 02:15 AM

Nice job guys.
Posted By: Husker

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 07:40 AM

What ramp did you put in at?
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 10:18 AM

Caught a stringer about like that last week in that creek. Good fish in there. Did it the hard way by bank fishing. Still recovering from the poison ivy. Thanks for the pics and post. Nice mess of slabs!
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 11:53 AM

nice catch way to go !
Posted By: Marc

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 12:59 PM

Enjoyed it Cecil, fillets turned out great. There is not much that beats that bobber disapearing.

Caught a stringer about like that last week in that creek.

We were actually fishing wax creek, sure you not talking about mustang creek?

And if anybody is fishing mustang where it crosses 287, we saw the GW parked their when we passed by.

We us waxahachie creek ramp.

May have to sneak back out their sat or sunday.

Yes salsa that's my ugly mug lol.

Enjoyed it again Cecil.

Marc

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 02:04 PM

It was a blast getting them out of one hole there. I was already thinking that they have ran back to deeper water. Was I wrong again. It was a good thing that you were wearing long sleevs there in front of that poison ivy. I was thinking of saturday. Hopefully the weather will hold off and let the creek settle. The creek was kind moving fast.
Posted By: SLABmeSILLY

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 03:31 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEET !!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 04:16 PM

I been thinking about starting to fish some on that lake. It is only 30 minutes from my house fish
Posted By: Texas Guide Fishing - Mark Parker

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 04:44 PM

Wow,

Those first two pictures are great!

You should save those and enter them in some photo contest.

Way to go on the fishing and great Photos.
Posted By: Bobby-Catfishing

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 04:59 PM

Nice fish guys. I'll probably be down there Mother's Day weekend chasing the catfish. Maybe I'll take my mom fishing.
Posted By: John Wester

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 06:31 PM

Nice catch guys.

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 10:29 PM

We where at the lake on Wax. Creek. It its very hard to get to when your walking. Easy to get lost if you dont mark trails. Its easier to find walking the west bank off the creek. About a 3 or 4 mile hike.

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/23/08 11:39 PM

Marc & I walked that creek once and I agree you can get lost in that area. I know I was. Marc & I were thinking on hitting that creek this weekend but with this rain coming thru today and a chance of more will just mess thing up. When we were there that day the creek was kind of moving fast, also a little high too. Wish it would stop so some of these lake and creek can be at pool level for awhile and settel. Thank you everyone for ya's post.

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/24/08 12:37 AM

I agree the crappie dont know what to do this year but it has made for an interesting extended spawn don't you think? Some lakes haven't even started yet. I haven't found or heard of spawning at Ray Hubbard yet, am I wrong?

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/24/08 12:40 AM

Did they charge you to enter Waxahachie Creek Park? If so how much?
Posted By: Marc

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/24/08 12:37 PM

Did they charge you to enter Waxahachie Creek Park? If so how much?

STW buddy if you hiked that sucker props to you, like Cecil said we did it once, and swore we would not do that again. I think after you pay the 3.00, you can get access to where you can ride horses back their (I think). That would be heck of alot shorter distance for ya.

Marc

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/24/08 05:24 PM

For sure. 3 dollars is the way to go. Thanks for the input.
Posted By: Eric

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/24/08 11:08 PM

Way to go Marc and Cecil.Persistence pays off.
Posted By: Sandwich Maker

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/24/08 11:50 PM

What great pictures of a great day!! Congratulations!!!
Posted By: monkester

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/24/08 11:59 PM

Congrats on that nice mess of crappie.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: WHAT A DAY @ BARDWELL (PICTURES) - 04/25/08 03:14 AM

WOW! Cecil, you and Marc are turning into quite the Team! Congrats, those are some beautiful slab crappie! Hope that poison ivy didn't get either of you!

Rudy
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum