Texas Fishing Forum

dock fishing toy...

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

dock fishing toy... - 03/02/23 01:20 AM

I have enjoyed dock fishing for years but one thing always bothered me. Are the fish actually here when we are not getting bit?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This answered that question.

This was really simple to build. A small luggage cart, and a crate to hold the black box and a Lithium battery. I only added a second crate to raise the height when standing.

Total investment $1,300.

Makes a simple unit to use on someones boat that doesn't t have livescope..

Attached picture dock toy.jpg
Attached picture dock 93SV.jpg
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/02/23 02:00 AM

Uh, I'm will bite: are they there?

I need some training- when can we get together?

Great research project - Dr Crappie!

grin
Posted By: Pham0100

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/02/23 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by ERNEST PATY
I have enjoyed dock fishing for years but one thing always bothered me. Are the fish actually here when we are not getting bit?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This answered that question.

This was really simple to build. A small luggage cart, and a crate to hold the black box and a Lithium battery. I only added a second crate to raise the height when standing.

Total investment $1,300.

Makes a simple unit to use on someones boat that doesn't t have livescope..

I've always wondered if this was possible. I've looked around online to see if anyone has tried it even. How heavy is the entire setup?
Posted By: steve_twice

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/02/23 03:25 AM

Next we'll have kids livescoping bluegills at the local pond ... grin

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/02/23 03:31 AM

I've always wondered if this was possible. I've looked around online to see if anyone has tried it even. How heavy is the entire setup?

about 25 pounds.

Look on youtube for portable livescope and see several ideas, some are built on ice chests.
Posted By: gborg

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/02/23 01:53 PM

I used an ammo cargo box, easy to drill thru and mount both the screen and modem for transducer . When taking on ones boat without livescope , the ram mount had to be there for my set up . Lots of other methods and options noted on you tube etc.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/02/23 04:55 PM

cheers now you know. next thing to solve. How to consistently get em in skillet !!! good luck Ernest
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/03/23 07:10 PM

Ernest, any reports on Lewisville? i may go tomorrow. guessing it will be muddy. i see the dam release is at 660 as of now. if that is the case, i may just go run the carbon out of my old merc just for fun and leave the minners at home!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/04/23 04:34 AM

thumb
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/04/23 06:22 AM

That is REALLY Kool Ernest! Which Garmin Unit is that?
Posted By: Eric

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/04/23 02:52 PM

Eagle Supra Pro ID Old school version. portable with transducer . Runs on 4 batteries . $75. [Linked Image]
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/04/23 07:30 PM

Buddy had one with a big magnet on the pole he hooks to the metal braces on the slips while he fished em! Heck of an idea!

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/05/23 02:22 AM

Garmin 93SV

Magnet is a good idea.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: dock fishing toy... - 03/06/23 06:59 PM

Ernest you a BAAAAD Man! I`m Interested in how you did the transducer & where you rigged it hmmm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum