Texas Fishing Forum

Magic Bait Crappie Chum

Posted By: BrandoA

Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/25/23 01:59 AM

Waste of money or worth spending a few bucks?
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/25/23 02:19 AM

Probably a waste of time and money IMO.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/25/23 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Probably a waste of time and money IMO.

Plus #1. thumb
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/25/23 07:50 PM

Try it,...let us know. fish
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/26/23 07:30 PM

Waste of time and money IMO
Posted By: rickt300

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/26/23 08:38 PM

Well way back when I had a boat slip I used to occasionally sink a bale of hey preferably alfalfa. As it deteriorated the minnows would hang out feeding on it. It really did make that slip a crappie magnet.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/26/23 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by BrandoA
Waste of money or worth spending a few bucks?

Everyone will have an opinion ,some educated because they have used the product & others not so much. I would solicit the opinions of the Experienced before listening to those who have never used it & if the opportunity never presents itself I would spend a few $ and rely on my own experience coolio
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/26/23 09:06 PM

I’ve never tried them, and my uneducated opinion is that, I don’t know whether they work or not. But then again. . . Nothin’ works very good for me. Mostly because just Jig and Pray breakdance hammer azn
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/27/23 06:25 PM

go to the feed store and get u a sack of chicken scratch.,. put it in a container with some water, and let it sour in the sun.. when it starts to stink, get u some little 2 pound burlap sacs from a craft store, or off the internet.
put some rocks in the sack, then fill them with the sour chicken scratch, and go hang or sink them in your favorite spots.. you can also keep some in a bucket, and throw it in the water around your boat or on top of brushpiles to bring in the baitfish.
we used this method alot when night fishing, and it works great.. whenever the bite would slow down, we would toss a few scoops in the water around the boat and the crappie would usually turn back on.
as far as the majic bait, ive tried it and never really saw it make much difference. BUT I only tried using it a few times,.
what your trying to do is attract and hold baitfish in an area. if u put it out in an area that doesnt have alot of baitfish come thru at times, its not going to be very effective.
cotton seed meal also works good, if you can find some. its the oils in the meal that attracts the baitfish.
I know a guy who used to keep his dead minnows, in the freezer.. when he had enough, he would put them in a blender, puree them and make a chum soup.. then he would let the fester in the sun for a few days..
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/27/23 06:27 PM

Brandon do u fish LBJ?
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/27/23 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by leanin post
Brandon do u fish LBJ?

No sir. To many jet skiers and wake boats.
Posted By: ThaDudeAbides

Re: Magic Bait Crappie Chum - 02/27/23 08:17 PM

I view anything with "magic" in the name as a gimmick. Doesn't mean it doesn't work, just seems to entice the marketing a bit more and I would always be skeptical.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum