Texas Fishing Forum

CAT Lake Palestine report!

Posted By: Slewfoot

CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/24/23 07:25 PM

Haven’t posted much this winter but was able to get to Palestine for the first CAT tourney of the 2023 season. We fished main lake timber in 20-34’ FOW using 1/4 oz slab syndicate jigs in Shad and showtime and grey/blue. Caught fish anywhere from 6-26’ down all relating to timber. Fish that were roaming were all sand bass for us! Managed to catch a few big hybrids in the timber too. Manager 14.55 on 7 fish and that was good enough for 3rd place! We start National tourneys in 2 weeks. I have some weekday and weekends availability left in February and a couple days in March if you want to get in on the action! Thanks to the CAT board for all their hard work and another great turnout!

Slew fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mo

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/24/23 08:23 PM

Congrats to all the successful anglers.

Nice to see the big fish showing up . It has been a minute since I caught a 2 +, Sounds like I need to get back to fishing timber

Good Luck

Mo
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/24/23 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mo

Nice to see the big fish showing up . It has been a minute since I caught a 2 +, Sounds like I need to get back to fishing timber

Good Luck

Mo

That ain't hard to do on that lake.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/24/23 10:38 PM

thumb
Posted By: pop r

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/25/23 01:17 AM

Nicely done guys! thumb

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/25/23 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mo

Good Luck

Mo

They’re out there!! Our fish went 1.89 to 2.17 on our scale. We had 5 good tournament fish but no kickers. Come weight in nobody had what I woulda called a kicker. The 2.17 was 2.41 on the CAT scale and the big fish of the tourney was 2.48 I think. I figured a 2.80 or 2.90 would win big fish.
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/25/23 06:27 AM

Nice job gentlemen! See y’all very soon Todd 👍👍
Posted By: cellis

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/26/23 12:32 PM

Lots of good stringers. Congrats
Posted By: SK.

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/26/23 06:17 PM

Nice Work SF.....
Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/27/23 01:46 AM

Good job guys. I’m ready to go on another trip on Palestine with you. 🎣
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/27/23 03:29 AM

Good showing Todd !

Re: CAT Lake Palestine report! - 01/27/23 11:22 PM

Thanks y’all! They were a lot tougher today! Places we caught em last weekend was a ghost town!! Hanging with the family this weekend and off to Cross lake next week! Thanks to all the great folks that make it possible!! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum