Texas Fishing Forum

Using Google Earth and Humminbird PC to Scout From Home And Set Waypoints??

Posted By: Asleep At The Reel

Using Google Earth and Humminbird PC to Scout From Home And Set Waypoints?? - 10/28/22 03:40 PM

Ever wondered how you can scout a lake from your computer? This video explains how you can go back in time to a drought year, mark trees, or anything else you can see. You can add way points to Google Earth Pro, then bring them into your graph. Check out Part 2 of my graph series.
#acccrappiestix
#beatdownoutdoors
#crappiecove
#asleepatthereel
#asleepatthereeltv

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Using Google Earth and Humminbird PC to Scout From Home And Set Waypoints?? - 10/30/22 04:00 AM

thumb
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Using Google Earth and Humminbird PC to Scout From Home And Set Waypoints?? - 10/30/22 12:15 PM

Didn't know about moving them from GE to my graph. I will give this a try.
I have been looking at GE for years, finding creeks and drop offs by looking at drought pictures.
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Using Google Earth and Humminbird PC to Scout From Home And Set Waypoints?? - 10/30/22 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Oldrabbit
Didn't know about moving them from GE to my graph. I will give this a try.
I have been looking at GE for years, finding creeks and drop offs by looking at drought pictures.

You can use Google Earth Paths to draw the route of a creek channel and convert that to a Humminbird Track.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Using Google Earth and Humminbird PC to Scout From Home And Set Waypoints?? - 10/30/22 03:24 PM

I like to go to google earth, historical imagery and look at lakes when they were super low, 2012 I think.. it was so low you can actually find and mark many brushpiles and see features of a lake that u had no clue existed.. almost like partially draining the lake and see whats there. you can easily see what the deepest docks are as well..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum